Archinect
anchor

Densification

Hasselhoff

What the hell? Anyway, my critic tells me that my project is about densification, but I have no idea what he's talking about. Can anyone suggest some references? I guess densification is a hot word these days in archiland.

Feb 15, 06 9:25 pm
vado retro

this is as dense as it gets...

Feb 15, 06 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i heard it used once in a presentation during undergrad. I believe it was specifically, "Penetrating Densification." In fact, I remember it well...not the project, which was surely forgetable, but the title, and the amount of times it was said during the presentation. The critics made no reference to it during their feedback, as if they never heard the student say it.

Feb 15, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

wow...
had I seen that picture before commenting, I would have refrained.

Feb 15, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

Hasselhoff, I presented a paper on Piranesi's Campo Marzio at the Inside Density colloquium in Brussels, Belgium, 1999. I can't say that I came home knowing exactly what others thought 'densification' meant. I referred to the Campo Marzio Ichnographia as condensed, however.

Judging by your blog, you surely have a great talent for condensing, so maybe tell your critic that anything you do best is actually more a "condensification," and then let him try to figure it out.

Feb 16, 06 9:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: