Archinect
anchor

vice president shoots friend

e

now it's seems cheney's inability to follow proper hunting protcol has caused a heart attack. poor guy.

Hunter Shot by Cheney Suffers Mild Heart Attack

Feb 14, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i am curious as to how much the logistics of carrying out a hunting or golf, etc.. trip w/ secret service an all costs. When bush and cheney are out galavanting around w/ their republican buddies, i am sure that the taxpayers are footing the bill. i wonder what the cost of all this vs. the tax cuts that bush wants to make to our social programs are

Feb 14, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

no draft dodger hunts me bitch!!!

Feb 14, 06 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you may want to rent this...fyi blockbuster aint got it...

Feb 14, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

and why exactly is he a 'poor guy' - as i said, he went hunting too, so its all in the sport

Feb 14, 06 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
e

i hear ya SOD. i'm no fan of the guns either, and he did put himself in that position. guess i feel bad for a guy that gets shot by a dick and one who is the vice president of the united states of america at that.

Feb 14, 06 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

i see a resignation in his near future...if he does, who assumes the VP?

Feb 14, 06 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
cp

not to defend the guy... but as with turkey hunting its actually pretty easy to get hit hunting quail. you shoot at the little buggers when they are running around, not flying in the air. fun stuff!

Feb 14, 06 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

"Aviator Andre Jurieux has just completed a record-setting flight, but when he is greeted by an admiring crowd, all he can say to them is how miserable he is that the woman he loves did not come to meet him. He is in love with Christine, the wife of aristocrat Robert de la Cheyniest. Robert himself is involved in an affair with Genevieve de Marras, but he is trying to break it off. Meanwhile, Andre seeks help from his old friend Octave, who gets Andre an invitation to the country home where Robert and Christine are hosting a large hunting party. As the guests arrive for the party, their cordial greetings hide their real feelings, along with their secrets - and even some of the servants are involved in tangled relationships."

Feb 14, 06 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

im glad that cheney is going with Fox News to grant an interview to...only the best with this administration

Feb 15, 06 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
boooyaka

this administration is a load of shit. honestly what the hell is going on that dick cheney shoting a guy gets more coverage then an actual war that is being fought? I mean it was obvious from day one what a dumbass (well not actually dumb)... what a dirty politician he is. I hope he goes hunting more often and with ten or twenty people that are shitty shooters as well.

Feb 15, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

this is going to be the first interview w/ cheney in 3.5 yrs

Feb 15, 06 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

not to mention the new tourture videos and pics which have surfaced...too bad the dems are worthless as well

Feb 15, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sounds like guns and booze dont mix well...

Feb 15, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
e

the hospital said that alcohol was not a factor, but when asked if a alcohol blood test was done on the lawyer there was no comment. ??? and what about dick? did dick have an alcohol blood test done? i bet if you or i shot a man, they'd be sure to haul our ass in to have a blood test done.

Feb 15, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
e

oh, and i'm sure fox will give a tough insightful interview.

Feb 15, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

if it were any onther person who 'accedently peppered' someone, what would he or she be charged with??? if the victim dies, is it involuntary manslaughter??

Feb 15, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

only if they're convicted, mdler.

Feb 15, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

at what point are charges brought against the shooter??

Feb 15, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I dunno about Texas, but in Washington State the worst he could get is unsafe discharge of a firearm. Which I think is only a misdemeanor. And pretty unlikely. I've only heard of it being used when people hunt too close to a house.

Feb 15, 06 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean

amanning, can you really blaim the administration for the news coverage?
it's the press-titutes and cable media types who'll whore themselves out to any 'story' for cheap thrills. and notice they can only really handle one story at a time (in order to take a full-frenzied obsessive approach).

no wonder Americans are so dumb and getting dumber, look at who's informing them - a bunch of gay & clueless tabloid 'journalists'...real-life wind-up toys.

technological developments make the smart smarter and the dumb dumber, and there'll always be many more dumb ones.

Feb 15, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

fuck you, nicomachean

Feb 15, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Oh those gays. With their marrying and their disinformation campaigns against the righteous republican right. When will they learn?

Nico - you are really a dumbshit.

Feb 15, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

I was really fed up with this Cheney guy, but now that he's had a hunting accident, I say we begin the process of impeachment.

Feb 15, 06 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

I really wouldn't want to see Cheney resign or be impeached (yeah, right). Bush would surely appoint the person he endorses as his successor in 2008 as replacement VP. The beauty of the 08 race is that it will be the first time since 1952 when a sitting Pres or VP won't be one of the candidates...let's keep it that way.

Feb 15, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Ahh, sarcasm.

Feb 15, 06 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
waxwings

he admitted that he'd had "a" beer for lunch before plug'n his friend

Feb 15, 06 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
e

"a bunch of gay & clueless tabloid 'journalists'" — wow nico. did you really need to make a disparaging comment about homosexuals? that's pretty dumb.

Feb 15, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

DHS unveils a new color-coded alert system

From Andy Borowitz:

"Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced today that his department would immediately implement a “Cheney Alert” system to warn Americans if an attack by Vice President Dick Cheney is imminent….

“What we have learned, the hard way, is that Dick Cheney can attack without warning,” Mr. Chertoff said. “It is our hope that with this Cheney Alert system we will be able to give the American people some warning before he strikes again.”

Feb 15, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean

can't help it i'm a big Gonzaga basketball fan...

Feb 15, 06 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
e

not sure what being a gonzaga basketball fan has to do with making a comment like that.

Feb 15, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean
timpdx
Feb 15, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

for fun google "gay hunters"

Feb 15, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Wonder if the State Of Wyoming will ask that Cheny remove his rifle from the back window of his pickup?

Feb 15, 06 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

when your life can be summed up in a Johnny Cash song...

"I Hung My Head"

Early one morning with time to kill
I borrowed Jeb's rifle and sat on the hill
I saw a lone rider crossing the plain
I drew a bead on him to practice my aim
My brother's rifle went off in my hand
A shot rang out across the land
The horse he kept running, the rider was dead
I hung my head, I hung my head

I set off running to wake from the dream
And my brother's rifle went into the stream
I kept on running into the salt lands
And that's where they found me, my head in my hands
The sheriff he asked me "Why had I run"
Then it came to me just what I had done
And all for no reason, just one piece of lead

Here in the courthouse, the whole town is there
I see the judge high up in his chair
"Explain to the courtroom what went through your mind
And we'll ask the jury what verdict they find"
I said "I felt the power of death over life
I orphaned his children, I widowed his wife
I beg their forgiveness, I wish I was dead"

Early one morning with time to kill
I see the gallows up on the hill
And out in the distance a trick of the brain
I see a lone rider crossing the plain
He's come to fetch me to see what they done
We'll ride together til Kingdom come
I pray for God's mercy for soon I'll be dead

Feb 16, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

also, remember what happened to Clinton when he shot Monica in the face...

Feb 16, 06 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

are gay cowboys republicans?

Feb 16, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I'm so sick of hearing about this thing. People accidentally get shot whilst hunting all the time. Cheney is old and sucks with a gun. Making jokes about the military and stuff, funny. But why are they investigating? He screwed up, the end.

Feb 16, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Hasselhoff....in Wyoming People don't shoot one another unless it is intended! People grow up with guns and you learn how to use them at a young age. If the guy can't shoot straight, then maybe he should surrender his drivers license.

Feb 16, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: