Archinect
anchor

Yale deadline?

pencebor

Yale graduate deadline is April 1?

http://www.architecture.yale.edu/admissions/requirements.htm

Kind of hard to get reply from them, thats why I posted it here, does anybody know when is the real deadline?

Feb 13, 06 12:12 am
Gloominati

The deadline for applications for 2006-2007 was January 9th.

The date by which they usually notify applicants as to whether they are admitted is April 1st.

Feb 13, 06 12:46 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Congratulations, you have been accepted into Yale....

April Fools!!!

(Shouldn't they all be too smart for this?)

Feb 13, 06 2:28 am  · 
 · 
pencebor

dang, I don't what to do now. I just finished my portfolio. Does anybody know when is the deadline for Spring 07 for Pratt, Yale, MIT, or any other popular school.?

thanks,

Feb 13, 06 10:26 am  · 
 · 
meta

most schools don`t have spring admits. especially the ones which you mentioned above. strange, you start working on your portfolio without even knowing the deadline for the schools.
i believe rice has their deadline on 15 feb. probably uc for winter admit(?)

Feb 13, 06 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Gloominati

Your choices at this point are:

A) Wait for next year. But make sure to get application materials early in the fall. First of all, some schools' deadlines are as early as early December. Secondly, each school has different requirements about portfolio size, length, other application materials - so you really must get everybody's application packet before you spend too much time on a portfolio.

B) Search for schools whose application deadline hasn't passed yet. There are a few that have deadlines in February, and a few others that have "rolling admissions" - meaning they keep evaluating and admitting people until the class fills up, and then they stop. But if you're going for top-ranked programs I'm afraid you're too late for this year.

C) There may be a program or two out there that admits people into the spring semester. I don't think any of the top-ranked schools have such an option, but I seem to remember seeing this option at some of the larger state universities' M.Arch programs back when I was applying.

Good luck.

Feb 13, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

Formerlyunknown, thanks for detailed response, I think my best bet is to wait and start in the next Fall. That way maybe I will start to miss school, and then come back with full charge!

Feb 13, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
S

pencebor - please do yourself the favor of researching different grad schools to be sure you find one that offers what you are looking for. grad school is an expensive commitment and being in one that doesn't suit your educational goals is frustrating. don't look at schools just b/c they're ivy or they have rolling admissions. wait a year and get into the school that is the best fit for you.

Feb 13, 06 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

Thanks S, I will listen to your advice.

Feb 13, 06 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

pencebor,
i just sent in my last apps a few days ago. i agree with the advice you've been given so far. it's pretty tough to get good informaion on grad schools, frustratingly so. i thought it would be like applying to college, with plenty of resources to help me through the process. i ended up having to spend a ton of time combing through school's websites, looking at forums like this one, etc. the acsa guide https://www.acsa-arch.org/store/home.aspx was really useful for me. it used it as a sort of starting point to see what was out there (beyond the schools i already knew about). start your research now! there is so much more to know about a school than how nice the studios are or where you'll get to go on their summer program.

Feb 15, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

one more thing... have you taken physics and calculus??? i know you probably have.. but if you haven't you should. most schools require them as prerequisites for matriculation.

Feb 15, 06 12:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: