Archinect
anchor

architecture2030.org

Philarch

I just went over to a bookstore and read the Metropolis magazine and saw "an open letter" from architecture2030.org. Interesting read. Interesting website as well. Kind of made me inspired/paranoid and bought two books on sustainable architecture. I rarely buy books because they're so expensive, but I just had to get them. Anybody else hear of this group? I'm looking forward to what they will do in the future.

Feb 11, 06 8:54 pm
AP

poseted in the news

Feb 11, 06 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
AP

heheheh....that's "posted" in the news...

Feb 11, 06 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
AP

january 3rd

Feb 11, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

see also the aia national newsletter, and the tech briefs section of this month's Architectural Record for Ed Mazria's most recent press...

Feb 11, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

Haha...sorry. I didn't realize it was so well publicized.

I still would like to know what other archinecters think about this. I have a friend in the USGBC and respect their work, but I do hear complaints from people in other fields that its not enough incentive to just get a high LEED rating. Also, I believe many architects try to push to get a more sustainable building, but the client has no interest in spending money up front to save money in the long run. They think of energy consumption and waste production in terms of dollars. The government doesn't seem to help matters either. I guess I don't know too much on this subject as I'm still relatively inexperienced, but it is definately an interesting issue.

Feb 12, 06 12:07 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

Just out of curiosity: Has this sustainability issue been talked to death previously, or is this lack of interest in talking about this just a characteric of most American architects/students?

Feb 15, 06 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

I am interested...
why don't people answer the treehugger survey,
although I would like to find out from archinecters themselves:

-In your opinion, is environmental sustainability a priority in your workplace?
and I would add-In your practice?

Take the survey:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/02/instant_survey_47.php

Feb 15, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

Dont know if everyone noticed, but Heather Ring posted this on the NEWS section. Even if you are good and dont leave your computer on, this page is interesting

BBC-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/hottopics/climatechange/

Feb 16, 06 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: