Archinect
anchor

Doooo Doo do do do DO do dododododo do do do do dodo do dooooo

Hasselhoff

That's the Olympic anthem by the way. Anyway, turns out Allison Baver, a girl I went to junior high and high school with is on the US Olympic speed skating team. I totally had a crush on her in 7th grade. I knew she was good and working towards it, but I just saw her pic on SI.com. In addition, Kerry Collins went to my high school, but who cares. FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL!

Feb 11, 06 2:19 pm
ryanj

you watched conan the other night didn't you?

Feb 11, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

all that skin-tight gear.

Feb 11, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

My TV set dudn't done git channels.

Feb 11, 06 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

normally, I try not to get into the olympics because it always becomes about how many medals America can get, but mother of pearl did you see that ice dancing girl? Tanith Belbin... WoW.

I'm watching this year.

Feb 11, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

what's that butthead doing with my woman.

Feb 11, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

how weird was that mix of 70s and 80s pop-music they played during the march of the nations?

and how sweet was that choreographed jumping skier composed of humans?

and the fireworks to light the torch?!

i love the opening ceremonies.

Feb 11, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dooby dooby doo dooby dooby
dooby dooby doo dooby dooby
dooby dooby do do dooby do

Feb 11, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
alex_ian

i distance myself as far as possible from the german teams clothing design... i am deeply ashamed... this country is a design dump! it was done by bogner, and it´s defintitely the WORST of all nations, dammit...

Feb 11, 06 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I know nothing about the winter olympics ... except that its in Italy and that there were a lot of protests ,,,

Myabe it has something to do with where I live !!??

Feb 11, 06 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

until they make my favorite winter sport "snowmobiling on thin lake ice while drinking schnapps" an official event, i have no plans to watch the so-called winter games. bahhh

Feb 12, 06 8:27 am  · 
 · 
ideo

i used to be in torino last year for several days, and i saw 2 mascots-- Neve and Gliz everywhere.

surprisingly enough i find they have the 3rd one now...a snowflake named "ASTER"--which represents the disabled athletes...man..i love this design!
www.paralympicgames.torino2006.org/ENG/ParalympicGames/spirito_paralimpico/mascotte.html

Feb 12, 06 9:54 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Those are probably the shittiest mascots I've ever seen. I love the mascots from the mascots from the 2005 Expo in Aichi. They are plants with legs and eyes. What the hell? I can't tell if the big one is cute, or scary.

Feb 12, 06 11:12 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I find myself not really interested in the winter olympics, primarily because there are no men's swimming events.....

Or does this comment belong on that other thread? Oh well. Sorry.

Feb 12, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I love the Olympics. I like the stories.

Feb 12, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I watch it for the doping scandals.

Feb 12, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
job job

it's hard watching it here - there's a lot of attention on curling, and I rate curling with the new olympic trial event, lawn-watching.

[for all the curling fans. yes i know it's a sport, but come on - it clearly indicates an affinity for sports that can be done while drinking - put the beer on the ice, light up a fag, start scrubbing furiously] put a bob-sled team beside a curling team - wouldn't want to see THEM in tights now...

what's the story with apolo anton? he was painted as a prat by the british commentary.

Feb 13, 06 6:51 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

These Italian Olympics are the Jesus of Olympics!

Feb 13, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i like the logos and the graphics

Feb 13, 06 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
enzo76

I think there needs to be much more Michelle Kwan coverage. I like hearing about Michelle Kwan. Michelle Kwan skates. Michelle Kwan doesn't skate. Michelle Kwan's advertisers pissed off. Michelle Kwan cries again. Michelle Kwan goes home.

I heard a non-American won a medal. It wasn't Michelle Kwan.

Feb 13, 06 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
timpdx

Why did they steal the Canadian National Anthem? Oh Canada.....

Feb 13, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

no one caught the jesus comment? Seriously, that guy's a nut!

Feb 14, 06 9:49 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

neither of your comments really make any sense beatle...

'the jesus of olympics'...i don't get it...because of the
shroud of turin?

Feb 14, 06 10:13 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

No, the Prime Minister of Italy who is a nut and is running for relection said something along the line the other day that he was the Jesus of Politics. It was on CNN's headline.

Feb 14, 06 10:33 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

ohhhhh...
sorry i was totally confused.
when you said 'the guys a nut'..i thought you were talkin
about jesus..which also didn't make much sense to me...

i did just read how berlusconi had compared himself to jesus...sacrificing himself for the sake of the country or something..
tis true..he does seem a bit odd. i wonder how that's going over in
a country that's predominantly catholic and is the center of the
catholic world...

Feb 14, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

He's also a huge homo hater, and has publicatly admitted that he's a womanizer, and very proud of such.

Feb 14, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

WonderK: this is for you

Feb 18, 06 9:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, thanks farmer.

Yep that'll do.

Feb 18, 06 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

What the heck is it with all the spiderman outfits?

Feb 19, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
distant
Hasselhoff

... well, there also was Izzy, from the '96 games in Atlanta:

Feb 19, 06 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: