Archinect
anchor

accepted to grad schools yet?

meta

kinda weird bumping this long forgotten thread. but, just wanted to mention.. that i'm in finally.

what about the other waitlisted guys?

May 18, 06 9:09 am  · 
 · 
squaresquared

"Dr. Frankenstein, IT'S ALIVE!!!"

May 18, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 
apalbuquerque

Indeed it is and not a second too soon.

Still waiting for UCLA, but their beaureaucratic attitude is really turning me off. Plus they said we'd know by May 15th....I called and Jim Kies said by the end of the week now......does anyone else still care?

May 18, 06 11:09 am  · 
 · 
tworings

congrats meta!

May 18, 06 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
tworings

also, i'm still waiting on the u.mich waitlist. i'm hoping to hear this week, but then again, i've been hoping to hear every week since march.

May 18, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
vman

Conrats Meta! Sci-Arc?

Good luck to all those still waitlisted!

I gave my official acceptance to ucla last week, and sent my "thanks, but no thanks" letter to penn. still waitlisted at yale but i'm not holding my breath...

May 18, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
grid

so it's not time for me to go to grad school yet, but i applied as a transfer to a couple schools.

i got accepted to sci-arc and risd!! yay!

Got a call from sci-arc wednesday and an email from risd thurday. this week has been good :)

May 20, 06 8:13 am  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

Would any of you know if Columbia accepts transfers from foreign universities?

How difficult is it to get in the Historic Preservation Program?

What are the best Conservation/Preservation Programs in California?

Thanks

May 20, 06 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
assbackward

I see we've come full circle.

May 21, 06 2:52 am  · 
 · 
meta

yeah sciarc it is..

May 21, 06 6:42 am  · 
 · 
WildT

Hi guys! first of all i want to thank to the creater of this discussion, even we finalized our gradschool plans, there are still people joining this discussion:) see how awesome you did.
well i havent kept track of the posts after i start hearing from the schools. but now, i would like to meet my new CLASSMATES!! is there anyone going to RICE OPTION 3 ??
- have a great summer you all!

May 21, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
two-headed boy

Any word on the ucla waitlist?

May 26, 06 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
thefission

Kies says the faculty has been unusually slow in the waitlist process but that they're meeting today and should have an answer by next week......

hmmmm.

May 26, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
thefission

Kies (of UCLA fame) says the faculty has been unusually slow in the waitlist process but that they're meeting today and should have an answer by next week......

hmmmm.

May 26, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
tworings

i feel your pain...i'm still waitlisted at umich with no definite end in sight. good luck!

May 26, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

BUMP!

Feb 14, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

Umm.. why are we bumping an '06 admissions thread in February 2007?

Feb 14, 07 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

this went on way too long. start a 2007 version!

Feb 14, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

'Cause people in the 2007 thread are scouring this thread frantically to figure out when people started hearing back from which schools. And some people had trouble finding this thread.

It's research. RESEARCH!!!

Feb 14, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Ernie is obviously doing meth again

Feb 15, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
wow

has anyone booked a ticket for school visits in East Coast? I booked mine from April 4 to April 16, even though I haven't heard from them at all. I am afraid that the price for plane tickets will go up soon.
What's the best way to travel 5 schools (like GSD, MIT, Yale, UPenn, Columbia) in a week? any insights?

Feb 15, 07 1:13 am  · 
 · 
walter_

Columbia and Penn are pretty easy to get between, there is the SEPTA train that will take you from NYC to Philly (don't remember exactly how), or the other way. There's the Fung Wah bus from NYC to Boston. Getting to New Haven I assume Grayhound does something. Not so hard to get everwhere. Hope it helps

Feb 15, 07 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

I did the east coast graduate open house circuit this past fall (Penn, Columbia, Yale, GSD & Princeton), and there are many options available for getting around. Buses are the cheapest, and the "Chinatown" bus between NYC and Penn or Boston is the absolute cheapest option. I splurged on train options- Amtrak and MTA Metro North. If you have friends/family in the NYC area, try to crash there as a home base and do day trips out to everywhere else (excluding Boston which is kind of far)...

Feb 16, 07 2:15 am  · 
 · 
wow

THANK YOU so much for your info, urban_bunker and geimanj!
Forunately, I do have a friend who lives in Manhattan, so that i can do the day trip thing as you mentioned.
For the chinatown bus, and the trains from Amtrak, MTA, SEPTA? do i need to reserve it in advance, or i can just show up at the station in the morning?
yeah, Boston is far out there from Manhattan, do you know if there's a good hostel, or dorm i can stay there for a nite or two?
I am so excited for the day trips to schools!!

Feb 16, 07 2:30 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

I don't think you can reserve on the C-town bus, but I'm not positive. Check here for more info.
You can buy tickets in advance on amtrak.com- probably a night or two in advance is fine.
I'd check craigslist or maybe even it up the archinect crew for a Boston crashpad.

Feb 16, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

that would be "HIT up the archinect crew..."

Feb 16, 07 2:38 am  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

I just got an email 30 minutes ago saying that I was accepted to the University of Houston's MArch I program! UH is #5 out of 11 schools on my list, but I'm ecstatic to know that I'm at least going to architecture school SOMEWHERE, even if I get rejected from everywhere else.

Good luck to others applying to UH. Check your emails, you might have an acceptance letter!

Feb 20, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: