· 
SuperBeatledud
Feb 9, 06 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
Feb 9, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i know people at larger firms that lock themselves into bathroom stalls and do a little napping.

Feb 9, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

post-lunchcrapnapism?

Feb 9, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i have a friend who locks himself in his office and sleeps on the floor under his desk

Feb 13, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

rookies....

The way you did it in high school, now for work...
this is what you do...
You layout the plans on the drafting table with one of your hands cradling your head while the other has a pencil in the other...

Feb 13, 06 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just got up from my office sponsered nap

Feb 13, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

okay that didn't make sense.
one more try...

you lay out the plans on the drafting table with the one elbow on top of which will cradle your head. The other hand has a pencil in it which makes it seem as though you are doing redlines or something creative.

Feb 13, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

Napping is the bathroom stall is the 'safest'. Just make sure you don't walk out with an imprint of your watch on your forehead.

Feb 13, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

i guess that's the safest, but most of the office will believe you have a recurring case of the hershey squirts.

Feb 13, 06 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

I second the pen in hand sleeping method. Also, wear headphones but do not have them on. You can play off not hearing because the music was up. That might be frowned upon as well, but the lesser of two evils.

And there is something a little creepy about sleeping on the toilet.

I've went to the garage and napped in my car. Doesn't seem so bad considering all the time spent there by our smokers.

Feb 14, 06 8:45 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

I used to keep a towel in one of the plant rooms in the basement. Just a wee lie down now...

Feb 14, 06 8:54 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I go to my car, recline back the front seat, put on the shades ( inspite of parking in a basement parking....) blast the AC and snore away for around half an hour or so..

Feb 15, 06 5:54 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

My boss locks his office and naps at the time. and the Document control guys have actually made a nice lil den in their section.

Feb 15, 06 5:56 am  · 
 · 

supposedly best use of a nap is to drink a cup o coffe then take a 10-15 minute snooze. gives you a better caffeine buzz than just sloggin the stuff down.

Feb 16, 06 12:58 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

I wish I had time for a nap. I have little time to even sleep as it is! Napping ain't an option.

Feb 16, 06 1:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: