Archinect
anchor

Firms In LA area

Simmons

Hello all,

I am thinking of trying to get my masters out in California but I currently live in Michigan. I was wondering what firms are out in the LA area. I'm looking for larger firms that work on either comercial or residential or preferably both. Maybe some good apartments too. Thanks all.

Feb 2, 06 10:55 am
el jeffe

kind of a broad question for the 5th largest economy in the world...

Feb 2, 06 11:30 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

do you mean corporate firms by larger firms, or just firms over maybe 25 people? and what quality of work are you looking for?

there are a huge number of firms in the LA area ranging in size and quality of work. there's a high concentration of boutique firms in the venice/santa monica area. it's a somewhat competitive job market at the more prominent well-known firms. having a contact here would help tremendously... good luck.

Feb 2, 06 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Simmons

By large firm I mean large in size so more than 25 people. Basically I just want to start doing some research on the firms that are out there before I make the move out there. At the current situation I am in, only having my BS Arch and pretty much no experience, there aren't many jobs that I can get. I'm looking for a firm that would be good to do my IDP in and hopefully end up getting a job. I would prefre a firm that does big projects like large office buildings, arenas, airports, large apartments, etc.

Feb 2, 06 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

Simmons - if you search the discussions for "Los Angeles" you will find at least three threads that list, comment, and critique LA area architecture firms. Many people have asked similar questions as you, and the answers are hidden in the Archinect archives.

Feb 2, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the LA architetcure job market is hot right now...i know a few smaller firms looking to hire

Feb 2, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: