Archinect
anchor

Internet Explorer 7

Has anyone tried it?

If not, here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

I think it is a good step in the right direction but it has nothing on Mozilla Firefox.

Jan 31, 06 6:19 pm
pencrush

IE still exists?

Feb 1, 06 2:18 am  · 
 · 
e909

the link produces an apparently empty page in firefox. probably deliberate. :-)

ie7 now? msdn required
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/12/06/500599.aspx

Feb 1, 06 5:49 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

people still use internet explorer?

Feb 1, 06 9:19 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

::cough:: Firefox ::cough::

Feb 1, 06 9:50 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

microsoft, the dumb fucks that they are, have just blatantly copied Firefox +Safari+Opera to make this stupid browser...

Feb 1, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

According to my January 2006 web site stats, IE dominates with 53.3% of the viewers of my site. Firefox is 36.1% and Safari is 6.7%. As far as mac vs. PC, 90% of the viewers are PC and 9% mac. This has gone unchanged over the last decade.

IE went up when I released the pictures of my broken bones. Before that, Firefox made up the majority of the viewers' browsers.

Feb 1, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Microsoft is very good at copying, then improving existing designs. I can't say I ever look forward to anything they make, but this looks better.

I tried Firefox and found it incredibly slow, and I know I am not the only one that had this problem. So I use IE v6.

Feb 1, 06 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
buenobro

come on people, please for the love of pete, use Firefox.

www.getfirefox.com

Feb 1, 06 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
buenobro

Trace: firefox is a little slower because its trying to protect your computer for you. seriously.

Feb 1, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

firefox also has a memory leak they haven't fixed yet. if you're low on ram, or don't close your browser for days at a time, it can get pretty slow.

But I still like it the best, especially with extensions (forecast fox, foxytunes, adblock, tabbedbrowser preferences...)

Feb 1, 06 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
G-bot

I just don't care as long as pages load up. This version is nicer cause it looks cleaner. less Icons is great. Yes it is a copy of Firefox but it actually has less icons than firefox, ie:the toolbar at the top with the traditional tabs of FILE EDIT VIEW ETC.

Feb 1, 06 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

firefox remains better than IE because of the add-ons and plug-ins.

i have an addon from firefox that lets me auto-copy by selecting text, and another that lets me navigate with a flick of the mouse (no buttons!), even open a new page, a new tab, etc. that and the programmed buttons on my mouse make navigation so easy it is insane. when i HAVE to use ie (it happens) the whole set up feels really clunky and inadequate.

firefox has bever felt slow onmy machine.

Feb 2, 06 3:13 am  · 
 · 
garpike

bever felt! Did you mean beaver pelt???

Feb 2, 06 3:14 am  · 
 · 
manamana

I foresee this thread getting real dirty, real fast.

queue vado....

Feb 2, 06 4:07 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Feb 2, 06 4:23 am  · 
 · 

Never felt.

sorry.

think its freudian? should i be worried?

Feb 2, 06 4:41 am  · 
 · 
trace™

ok, got a question for all ya Firefox lovers - and this will be the deal breaker....when I tried it and hit CTRL + N, it opened a ne window but went to the homepage, not the current page. That was a HUGE inconvenience, as I like to be able to open several windows when I find something I like without having to pray I bookmarked that exact page, etc., etc.

Can you do this in FF? I just got a new machine to surf, so maybe it'll be fast enough (I did a test on SpeakEasy.net and the new machine has an upload/download 2.5 times faster than my old machine, with the same internet connection - crazy!).

Feb 2, 06 8:29 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

ctrl + t...just open a new tab...that way all of your search results are in one window...you can even move tabs around. firefox is nearly flawless.

Feb 2, 06 9:52 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

i also just did ctrl + n and got a new window no problem.

Feb 2, 06 9:54 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

my beta test for IE7: absolute crap. I dont use IE unless some crappy websites dont allow me to use firefox or when my msn messenger opens emails in IE (that is the only way i think microsoft can get a 50% share of IE)...
so yesterday my hotmail email opened up in IE7...and when i tried to reply back, all the text got garbled, some stupid activex control command notification kept popping up at me, the font sizes were all messed up...needless to say i used firefox to login to my hotmail and do my work.

Now i need to figure out how to delete it from my system...

Feb 2, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Frit

Trace:

Opera does what you are talking about. If a link takes you away from the site you are on, it opens a new window for you. Only problem is you tend to get a lot of open windows. You can also shut it down, open it back up and it picks up right where you were. Useful when you see the boss coming. I don't know if Firefox does that or not.

Feb 2, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

best thing in firefox is that when you middle-click on a link (click with the middle mouse button or trackwheel) it opens the link in a new tab...so cool

Feb 2, 06 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
e909

customizegoogle
googlebarlite
http://tmp.garyr.net/

Feb 19, 06 4:22 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

yeah .. there are quite a lot of website that requries IE ... but then I've never used anything else .. so cant make comparisons.

Feb 19, 06 8:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: