Archinect
anchor

MOMA NYC - Restroom

kerfuffle

Hi-

I have an odd request - is there anyone in NYC and/or has been to MOMA and has pictures/floor plans of the unisex restroom there? We have a client who is adament about recreating this restroom in a new building (hotel/restaurant) we are working on. I will be in NYC in three weeks, but he wants to see something before then.

I've done some searching online, but haven't turned up anything useful.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

to

Jan 31, 06 12:34 pm
mdler

for a good time call mdler

Jan 31, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
mm

I was at MoMA this past weekend. The bathroooms in the museum were not unisex.

Jan 31, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Yeah, I was there this past summer--I went potty in so many new and exciting places those three days!!--and I don't remember the bathroom being unisex. And I remember every time I've walked into a ladies room [3 times] and everytime a lady's walked into the mens room [2 times].

Jan 31, 06 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

dude looks like a lady

Jan 31, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
raymonde

think that what you are looking for is not in the museum proper but inside the restaurant, which is unisex (about three or four toilets), and which has a bathroom attendant. can't help you with pictures, though, but there's your answer.

Feb 1, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
mm

I was in the restaurant, The Modern, a few weeks ago (wow, such great food and a very cool space, but I digress...) and I recall the bathroom stalls being gender-specific... (the washroom itself is unisex) But yes, the design of the bathroom is quite nice.

Feb 1, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
kerfuffle

Yeah- i think he did mention the restaurant - not the museum proper...

so the stalls themselves are gender-specific? He said the main space was unisex, but did not mention the stalls at all.

He's brought it up so many times that I'm thinking that I could take a trip to NYC this weekend and charge it to the project. He liked the restaurant space too... (also mentioned the lobby at the four seasons in midtown as a point of reference for our lobby - not exactly the same scale, but at least he's giving us images to work off of).

anyone else have anything I can work off of?

Thanks for your responses.

-to

Feb 1, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Maybe you should send your client to visit Kahn's Bathrooms at the the Kimball Museum in Fort Worth Texas. Then again you might want him to visit the ultra cool bathrooms in the Main Phoenix Public Library.

Feb 1, 06 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: