JohnProlly
Jan 30, 06 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

ohhhh ahhhhh

Jan 31, 06 9:21 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I know what I want for christmas. But how long before people in the office start sticking their personals in there much the way the xerox encouraged ass copying in the early 80's? This is going to be the freakiest office Christmas party in years!

Jan 31, 06 9:24 am  · 
 · 
4arch

looks like it only does small objects. too bad you can't use it to do whole buildings. i know such a technology exists. if you could get that for 2400, i'm sure my firm would totally go for it.

Jan 31, 06 9:31 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

It would be neat for small massing models to be extrapolated into 3d modeling software for further refinement.

B4A - What type of tools are out there for buildings? Are you talking about surveyer tools? Curious to know?

Jan 31, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 
remonio

And how long will it take to clean up the geometry?

Jan 31, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I mean, this is huge. I was talking to Matt at 3form and he was saying they used similiar technology to replace the glass panels from Gehry's cafe in times square... how else would you do it?

Interesting enough!

Feb 2, 06 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

LIDAR is the common name for the 3d scanning that they use to create 3d models of cities for the movies

Feb 2, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: