Archinect
anchor

Upper Division Portfolio

AjsiaMaja

Hello,
I am a student and my major is Architecture. In a few weeks I have to apply for Upper Division of Architecture and I have to submit a portfolio book unfortunately I have two problems.
Portfolio requirements Format:  8.5” x 11” (Vertical or Horizontal, 3” thickness, 24 pages max)
Problems
1. Which program I can use to make my portfolio?  (I know that I can use Adobe InDesign and also Photoshop but I do not want to use them because it takes too much time for me to learn and I do not have the time.) Also I hear from somebody that you can do your portfolio in Power Point .I know how to use it but I do not know have it will work  for the Portfolio Book (with the format 8.5” x 11”)
2. Where I can print my portfolio?

I have already idea how to do my portfolio. My drawings are scanned and pictures were taken already from my models and they do not need to be fix in the Photoshop. I just need the two thinks …

I will be very happy if somebody can help me.

Dec 27, 11 5:34 pm
morgan2sims

perhaps you can answer these Qs so I can give you a more helpful response. 

what is upper division? 2nd year?

i'd recommend photoshop.. and it's not that hard to use for beginners, i think. i mean, even my cousins who are in high school use it.

where can you print your portfolio? where do you live?

Dec 29, 11 5:48 am  · 
 · 
snail

Your best bet if you don't know how to use the Adobe software is to start learning, since that's the real, professional software that you will need to know how to use in the future. I learned Photoshop way back when I was 14, and InDesign took me a day or two to figure out. In my first upper-level studio they expected us to teach ourselves Rhino in the first few days of class. Software should be the least of your worries. Your future studio instructors and employers will expect you (or anyone else who is actually serious about architecture) to be able to easily adapt to new software.

As for printing, see if your campus has a print service ... that worked well for me.

Dec 29, 11 9:00 am  · 
 · 
tuna

The fact that you’re entering an upper division and don’t know how to prepare a simple portfolio is quite disturbing for a design school. Nonetheless, if it’s slapping images that need not be tweaked, then use Word and insert images with text boxes.  Opportunities like this allow you to explore other software but if you don’t make the time, then stick to what you already know.  

Dec 30, 11 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: