Archinect
anchor

New office, how to connect with coworker?

Reason

I have been with this new office for two and half months now. I love it in most aspects, the projects are more interesting, I got more responsiposibilities, learning more things, ect. The only draw back so far I feel strongly everyday is lack of connections with new coworkers. My last office is a smaller office, about 10 people. The principla sat next to me, and we chat all the time, different things. When we drive to job site, 1.5-2 hrs passes very quickly, it was fun and relaxing on the way. Now with the new principal, the 1 hr drive to job site seems like forever. It was dry and silence. I tried to brought up some topics, but found it is too much effort. So I accept and stay quiet most of the time. In the office too, we have 30-40 people. but people seem all keep some distance. It's hard to get into in depth communication.
I found I'm almost in silence the whole day if I don't have a meeting. Part of the reason is I work on a project myself. So I don't have natural need to communicate with my coworkers. Besides I have to go to gym during lunch too. So it won't leave much time for me to talk with others during lunch time. Also as a foreigner it makes things even harder. I really missed my old office, and wonder if it was a good decision to come to this new office.
I just wonder if any one has good advices on how to connect with new coworkers. I will really appreciate it. Thank you!

Jan 24, 06 12:21 am
sporadic supernova

ooo ... tough one for me ....

wine and cheese party !! .. :)

Jan 24, 06 5:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: