Archinect
anchor

in need of space program for a campus

softcell

hi everyone
i am in desperate need of a list of reference space sizes for a campus for 10000 students(lecture halls,dormitories,cafeterias,working places etc.).does anyone know how to get that information?maybe an old competition with a space program....i would really appreciate the help.....c´mon times are rough,save your place in heaven and help me out...pleeeeaaase:)

Jan 19, 06 10:29 am
citizen

Let me guess... something's due for thesis seminar today?

Jan 19, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
softcell

absolutely.....
can you help me out?

Jan 19, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 
gruen

uh, bust out the code and see what it says the minimums for each occupancy based on your projected load? should get you started at least. then add in for walls, mech space, etc.

Jan 19, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
manamana
here you go
Jan 19, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
softcell

all you suckers burn in hell.......

Jan 20, 06 3:40 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you are kidding right? sarcasm? because if not, will i get the grade?

Jan 20, 06 7:09 am  · 
 · 
LightMyFire66

Usually the State has those types of documents filed away in a Facilities Standards manual. You may want to go to a University with that size of student population and ask if anyone has that kind of information. I saw one once years ago, but I can only recall it having information for faculty offices. I agree with gruen, probably best to figure on space in square feet per student for each type of space which may be in the Code book. You could even try different kinds which your SoA library may have, even some old BOCA codes, just wander in the library and scan anything similar to that.

Jan 20, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: