Archinect
anchor

How do you find company for competitions?

zuta

I want to work on competitions, but do not have mates.
I tried to work on my own, but it was dry fruit, no mental stimulus.
People from work are not interested; people from school are all over the world.
How do you find company for competitions?

Jan 10, 06 4:32 pm
aseid

post on craigslist

Jan 11, 06 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
aseid

post on craigslist

Jan 11, 06 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Or post twice on archinect.

Seriously, I'm only happy when I'm surrounded with very intelligent people. So when I want to do a competition I'm usually not too far away from someone I think I'd be good working with, or who creatively would compliment me in a way that would produce something worthwhile. I'm not sure what the best way is to say this, but make some friends?

Jan 11, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
word!

goto europe where they actually have competition teams....

Jan 11, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
jaja

"I'm only happy when I'm surrounded with very intelligent people"

Wow, I assume you are very very intelligent too, so that the people you surround yourself with feel happy too, if off course they are as selective and arrogant as you are.

Jan 14, 06 7:06 am  · 
 · 
e909

what competitions are you looking at? where are you geographically?
http://archinect.com/members/profile_view_ind.php?id=5171

Jan 15, 06 5:34 am  · 
 · 
koen froyen

I feel I have the same problem. only a small amount of competitions are accessible to a student from Belgium...

Jan 15, 06 7:15 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

jaja - why the severe response? I need to feel stimulated too.. i hate it when i'm the one doing all the thinking and even the legwork.

Jan 15, 06 8:05 am  · 
 · 
koen froyen

i think it's obvious you want to surround yourself with talented people. the chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

Jan 15, 06 8:17 am  · 
 · 
jaja

Sorry for that response........I had a horrible day and I needed to blow off some steam.

Jan 15, 06 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

jaja, I hardly think it's arrogant to call my friends intelligent. Why don't you blow off your steam someplace else rather than on an innocent thread.

Jan 15, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

jaja, go to sit in the corner. Poor Wonder. She said something we all wanted to say and then BAM.

Well, I would agree with WonderK, but the tricky part is doing it. How do you find the right people? Does craigslist really work for this? I would imagine making a lot of annoying new contacts that you would have to turn down, which isn't fun at all.

I would say work with friends, but be honest in communication. Let them know early when it isn't working. You wouldn't want to lose your friends in an argument that happened too late.

Jan 15, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I would agree with garpike. Also the thing about craigslist is that one moment you'd post about working on a competition, and the next thing you know, somebody in Zimbabwe is trying to send you a cashiers' check and trying to get you to send a check back. I can't believe those schemes are still going on. Anyway.

And yes, best to work with someone you can communicate honestly with, and that you'll listen to each others' suggestions. Otherwise it will come out crappy anyway and you won't win.

Jan 15, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

hmmm, i like to surround myself with unintelligent people who have nothing to contribute to the intellectual soup of our relationship...

No, not really. I'm with wonderk.

Jan 15, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
zuta

I am sorry, I started this.
It is the process that is the most important while you work with other people.
some chemistry or whatever that makes you different .
smarter, more disciplined, more focused.
they would say that whole is bigger than sum of its parts, and I would agree.

Jan 16, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
e909
hmmm, i like to surround myself with unintelligent people who have nothing to contribute to the intellectual soup of our relationship...

No, not really. I'm with wonderk.

nice "backhanded compliment". or is it a "backhanded insult"? the concept suffers an overabundance of duplicate double-negatives :-)

Jan 18, 06 3:11 am  · 
 · 
upside

where i find all my company; in anything consumed from a brown paper bag.

wherever there are bathroom details to be drawn, and files to be archived, you will find someone who is dreaming of a competition.

Jan 18, 06 4:07 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

zuta..Im available and im handsome

Jan 18, 06 4:12 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

zuta..Im available and im VERY handsome ( WELL..women have told me that )

i swear

Jan 18, 06 9:08 am  · 
 · 
French

From nevermore bio:
"me also thinks that success for a man is when a woman allows him behind her ( NOW NO INNUENDO THERE ! )"

I think that's the only part of your bio that really suck. You should remove it, especially if you want to make lady friends around here...

Jan 18, 06 10:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: