Archinect
anchor

What's the deal with some job listings only taking Archinect portfolios?

ElGrecus

I've recently noticed that some job listings at Archinect are only taking Archinect portfolios. I hadn't seen this before last week (I just started looking for a new job). Is this common, and why would a firm want to limit themselves to only people who have Archinect portfolios? The portfolio format is frankly pretty limiting (i.e. 615 pixel wide images stacked in a column).

Dec 17, 11 3:16 am

The Archinect profiles/portfolios are not intended to be used as a replacement for the in-person interview and formal presentation of a full portfolio. They are meant to be a thorough introduction, from a job-seeker to a hiring firm.

When firms use the Archinect online application system when posting a job, they are able to review hundreds of applications, in a consistent and efficient format, so they can better narrow down their choices for a formal interview.

The firms that are using the online application system have been really happy with how much easier they are able to review high volumes of applications.

Dec 17, 11 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: