Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Size for Berkeley

442wrl

I just wanted to clarify the sizes for the digital portfolio submission at Berkeley - 

is it 12 pages (8 x 11) total?

Or does it mean 12 spreads = 24 pages? And each 'page' is 22 x 11?

Thanks!

Dec 16, 11 7:55 pm
TimDudley

Having just completed mine, I'm going to say (and hope) it's 12 'pages'

But it's a pdf, so if you want your pages to be 22x11, then so be it.

Dec 16, 11 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
cubicfeet

"The maximum portfolio size is 10MB, with no more than 12 PDF pages of design work. Any table of contents, title pages, covers or spacing sheets do not count towards this total. Each PDF page can be formatted as a two-page spread. The review will occur completely online using monitors of various size (incidentally, I do not review applications)."

-from Berkeley adimissions in an email.

that being said, i would think it much more intuitive to to assume what Tim Dudley did. if they mean it to be 12 spreads wouldn't it make much more sense to say 24 pages?

I'm doing 12 spreads, but at the back of my mind it feels a little silly to do it since the review is on a computer screen and it just makes the whole thing smaller.

Dec 17, 11 8:17 am  · 
 · 
nmgeller88

I emailed them a while back and this is what they told me:

"There are no dimensional requirements for the portfolio, however you should keep in mind the review will be conducted on monitors of varying size. Also, each PDF page can be a two-page spread, and any table of contents, title pages or front or back covers do not count toward the twelve-page total."

Pretty straight forward. 12 pdf pages. Treat it as 12 spreads though.

Dec 17, 11 11:28 am  · 
 · 
442wrl

Hmm. Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks so much!!

Dec 17, 11 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: