Archinect
anchor

Health insurance for same-sex couples

nikola

Anyone have any info on percentages of firms offering health insurance to the spouses of employees in same-sex partner relationships. Does your firm do it? Number of employees? Geographic location? Thanks.

Dec 13, 05 4:38 pm

The firm I'm at does:
~15 people, located in Massachusetts.

Dec 13, 05 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

the firm i used to work at did (not sure at my current firm -- as it has not come up or been mentioned)

both firms: austin TX, less than 10 employees

(note: at my former firm i had to pay 100% for my S.O.'s insurance, male or female...but they did let my wife into the group, which was help enough)

Dec 13, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
nikola

anyone else???

Dec 13, 05 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
nikola

anyone?

Dec 20, 05 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
nikola

Beuler... Beuler....

Come on let's get some feedback please. Yes or no does your firm offer it or not. Thanks

Jan 31, 06 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Yup. But you gotta pay a whole lot, just the same as for married folks. In fact, it is cheaper for the spouse/partner to get coverage elsewhere.

Jan 31, 06 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
e

i believe my wife's firm does. for me, a 30 year type I diabetic, it's cheaper to get it through her firm than on my own.

Jan 31, 06 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

if i owned a firm, i would -- sorry, not much concrete help, but. janosh, my wife is now covered independently and i am thinking of getting an HSA coupled with a high-deductible plan for both of us.

Jan 31, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: