Archinect
anchor

successful grad school portfolios from non-arch undergrads

labphonic

could anyone point me to examples of successful portfolios for graduate school done by people who have never studied architecture before? i'm trying to size myself up.

thanks,
aaron

Dec 13, 05 1:50 pm
mad+dash

I have asked most schools I have applied to if they have portfolios of accepted applicants. About 80% have said yes, and if I wanted to look at them I could make an appointment to meet with an advisor. That might be your best bet.

Dec 13, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
labphonic

thanks JdesP.
anything on the web?

Dec 13, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
miss_j

i'd love to see if there are any on the web as well. Not able to go to the school for an appointment as I live out of the US.

Jul 26, 06 1:29 am  · 
 · 

I remember some applicants posted their portfolios this past winter/spring. just type 'portfolio' in the search bar and i am sure you will find links to some.

Jul 26, 06 2:12 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

I did. I look through ALL the threads under the search on 'portfolio' and only found 2 active links. all others have been taken down :(

Jul 26, 06 3:15 am  · 
 · 

i remembered thisthread.

Jul 26, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
James Meyer

There is a guy in the office who had a math degree and some drawings now he has a full ride for rice... I'll ask him if he'll share his portfolio with you but hes gone to find an apartment in houston until monday... cool?

Jul 26, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
miss_j

thanks for the advice OldFogey... I'm starting to have an idea of what to put together, and the task at hand sounds a little less daunting..

rococo- i had a math degree also. photography was the only visual arts class i took.... thanks for asking your colleague!

Jul 26, 06 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
e909

anything that displays a strong ability to pay tuition, fees.

Jul 28, 06 4:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: