Archinect
anchor

window advice

silverlake

can anyone recommend a good aluminum window line that is reasonably priced? ideally clear finish that looks like storefront. fleetwood is too expensive for the budget and i hear milgard is crap.

my client is almost convinced they should go with white vinyl.... ugh...

Nov 26, 05 9:08 pm
abracadabra

silverlake, i just used bunch of milgard clear alum windows, fixed, casement, awning and combo. i don't think they are crap and price was right for the limited budget. they arrived on time. their aluminum profiles are substantial and well weather sealed as well. you can go to benchmark showroom and see it in person.
metal window corporation is pricey and usually 12 weeks wait (milgard 4).

Nov 27, 05 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
tlmII

silverlake, my advise would be to contact a local contractor that works specifically on storefront systems. assuming that you are actually in Silver Lake (Los Angeles) I would check out Performance Glass, Continental Glazing, Visual Glass.

FYI: Milgard has actually worked out well for us on a some recent condo jobs. Whatever you do make sure your details are dead on and specific for the window type. Remind your client that the vinyl windows are not as cheap as they seem after you revise the detail to make the installation weathertight (bituthane gets expensive after a while).

Nov 27, 05 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

i think its gonna be milgard. thanks guys...

Nov 28, 05 10:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: