Archinect
anchor

Grad school

psmartin

Hi, I'm a fourth year barch student and was wondering what is the most important thing when applying to grad schools? Is portfolio the most important? grades? job experience? I plan to apply to yale, columbia, and some schools in london, do any of these admission pools look at something particular? thanks.

Oct 29, 05 11:07 pm
Tim DeCoster

first thing... do a search in this forum. If you still have questions, let all of us know....

second... I had the same idea regarding studying in London... I'm guessing you're debating AA, Bartlett, and maybe London Metropolitan.... If your degree is anything other than a professional accredited B.Arch, you must study in the US, or you cannot become licensed. In my case, having a BSAS required that I stay inside the US. If you already have a professional degree, I couldn't encourage you more to study in Europe, it will undoubtedly be a rich experience.

Good luck!

Oct 29, 05 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

Joe,

I really don't know - I wasn't able to make good on my plans due to my BSAS degree. I can't complain too much, because I'm at RISD right now, and am really enjoying it. The loans for RISD weren't at all hard to get, the only problem is that they're friggin huge!

Maybe someone who was able to go abroad could shed some light for Joe...

Oct 30, 05 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
MONARK

JOE,

When I researched your question this past spring I found out that you can get US fed aid for both the AA and the Bartlett. Be aware though--each time I called depending on which uninformed representative I talked to they gave me a different answer.

Their US fed school codes:

AA G09247
Bartlett G06695

Oct 31, 05 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: