Archinect
anchor

PLOT

ichweiB

Has anyone heard of this practice? We were asked to check them out in studio a few days ago. They have some interesting concepts.

www.plot.dk

Oct 13, 05 1:52 pm
chupacabra

They kick ass...They did a studio at Rice, or are doing one there...doing the lecture circuit as well...I believe Sci Arc this fall and U of H last spring just to name a few.

Oct 13, 05 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Cool. I am actually at U of H now, but this is my first semester of grad school so I wouldn't have been there to see them last spring. Maybe that is why my studio prof. wanted us to check them out!

Oct 13, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
juniperberry

Actually, PLOT lectured at Rice last spring, and now they're teaching a graduate studio there this semester. So, mjh, they're in Houston regularly (if you're interested)!

Oct 13, 05 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Some sweet images here guys.
Zoë and myself did a Venice Biennale feature that includes the aforementioned images as well as some text.

Oct 13, 05 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

i think they were lecturing at sciarc these days

Oct 13, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
matr

they are presently teaching a 2nd year graduate option studio at Rice - one of the two partners stops in every two weeks - for reviews, they both show up...

Oct 13, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Your studio professor wouldn't happen to be Cord Bowen?

Oct 13, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
likil

they lectured at sciarc last night. wow!!!

Oct 13, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Magnus Hierta

Plot rules.

Oct 13, 05 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
MightyMouse

they are in houston every two weeks or so

Oct 13, 05 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Oh Yes...Cord, Cord, we call him Cord the Lord. Yeah he's teaching our level I graduate studio...how do you know him? Parsons?

Oct 14, 05 12:06 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I had him as a professor there at UH. I also gave him some screenprinting tips to get him up an running in that medium.

Cord is a real talent, you lucked out having him as a professor. UH is a good place, goodluck with the semester.

Oct 14, 05 12:18 am  · 
 · 
corrigan

They (Bjarke and Julien) are teaching our studio at Rice this semester. We are looking at tourism (gulf coast) and the experience economy. On their website watch the Superharbor video (HAV icon) and procrastinate (ARK icon), also double click any of the sorting modes up top (chronological, programatic, etc.).

Oct 14, 05 2:07 am  · 
 · 
jakke

Blam blam!!

Oct 15, 05 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Corrigan:are you working on your BArch or MArch? I know a few guys in my studio at UH are really interested in PLOT.

Oct 15, 05 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
corrigan

MArch
DeLanda is also giving a series of lectures at Rice all week at noon, anyone who can should come. The more we can communicate the better

Oct 18, 05 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that superharbour project is fascinating, a great example of Danish ingenuity. I first saw it at the Venice Biennale this past year. The whole Danish Pavillion was very intelligent. Another project on display (I believe their were 7 total) enlisted Bruce Mau, and discussed a strategy for bottling water from melting ice caps and shipping it via [Coca-Cola] barges to Africa. Solving 2 problems at once. Love it!

Oct 18, 05 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

very nice renderings...

Oct 18, 05 4:11 pm  · 
 · 

some of you may be interested to know that plot has just posted a job listing for interns in the job section

Oct 31, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

PLOT is lecturing at Yale tomorrow night ....

Oct 31, 05 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

plot wakes me up.

Nov 2, 05 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
jacquesdeluxe

Goto ARK at www.plot.dk and
click inside the "O" in INFO... enjoy

Nov 2, 05 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh hell yes

Nov 2, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
AP

as if I didn't already spend enough time on their site...

Nov 2, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
juice major

Wow....totally kick ass graphics!!

Nov 3, 05 9:11 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

"Supa Habou"

Nov 4, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 
AP

think you could put in a good word for me...I sent them a resume etc for the internship they posted??? ;)

Nov 8, 05 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
MightyMouse

id like to hear their opinion on the practical side of architecture, if they have one

Nov 8, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

Saw them lecture at yale last week, have to say, not impressed at all. Overly simplified buildings that were quite boring and childish. Every building is a barebones diagram showing a not very interesting cnoncept and nothing else. There is nothing subtle about it, It was like getting hit over the head: "do ya get it now? do ya get it now??" yeah, I got it and I wasn't impressed. I think a lot of students like them because they see young people getting stuff built and they see the process and think to themselves: "hey, i get it, I could do that" but that doesn't make good architecture.

Nov 8, 05 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

Patrick - where are you working... I'm over at Jan Gehl's research center at Karch for the year...

Nov 9, 05 9:23 am  · 
 · 
AP

(rspino, say hi to Helle for me...although she may very well not remember me. 4 or so years ago she was my studio prof at DIS...)

Nov 9, 05 9:38 am  · 
 · 
rootseven

i hear the [DIS] name running around. i just got back from my spring semester over there. who else is on here from there? or vice.

Nov 9, 05 10:07 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i think i'll more or less agree with kai on plot.

do not confuse a nice website and fancy graphics (Hi all you Fancy Graphics Lovers) with architecture.

some of their proposals are nice, but much of it also seems like an almost caricature version of oma, id est, diagram inspired formal gymnastics.

but like all of us, they'll get better with time

Nov 9, 05 10:41 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I am sure Kai has produced much better work, like his faux portfolio.

Nov 9, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

Yea - laughable stuff there - looks like someone in there office got hold of a FARMAX book.

Nov 9, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 

AP—should I mention that "AP" says hi? I guess there are some limitations to these screen-names...

Nov 9, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: