Archinect
anchor

berm baby berm

neildesi

ok, new topic, buildings that are built into a terraced landscape, or buildings that have the topography carry over top of the roof...

pictures if possible

I will get us started with.....

peter zumthors thermal baths in vals.

Oct 12, 05 8:19 pm
lifeform

ok, if you insist.......

house in wales by future systems:

Oct 12, 05 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

emilio ambasz has some work in this area. here is alink to one of his projects, a house for leo castelli (unbuilt). he has other projects in the web site re; berm.link

Oct 12, 05 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

yikes.

Oct 12, 05 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
Oct 12, 05 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
galvanize

nice, jeffe.

Oct 12, 05 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i couldn't resist, but here's the grandaddy of bermed modern housing....

Oct 13, 05 12:10 am  · 
 · 
c

betsky came out w. a book called landscrapers . reviewing Zaha Hadid's Landesgartenschau pavilion in Germany to MVRDV's Villa VPRO in the Netherlands, from Future Systems' hill-burrowing house in Wales.
a beautiful word, landscrapers.

what of the yokohama terminal?
i think it was Ito who said that the project marked the death of the facade.
this is significantly different from berm buildings which (can) evoke an almost archaic relation w. the ground- in yok. on the other hand ( and i have seen only images, never been) the notions of under/above seem radically reconfigured - if not beyond recognition, at least beyond the familiar. don't mean to tug your thread off in another direction - but would be interested in your thoughts...

Oct 13, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
joed

mecanoo's library for the delft university of technology

not the most flattering picture, but an incredible building.

Oct 13, 05 1:11 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

Tadao Ando`s Chichu Art Museum appeared in a recent Architectural record. You may wanna check that out.

http://www.chichu.jp/e/

Oct 13, 05 2:08 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

from a quick google search-

Oct 13, 05 2:13 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

Sorry, forgot to mention Architctural record October issue has lots of projects published- INTO THE EARTH 'Where Architecture meets topography'.

Is it for academic purpose or just a post??

Oct 13, 05 2:18 am  · 
 · 
neildesi

thanks everybody for there reply's. This is not for academic purposes, as i am finished school. I was searching for some intereting buildings to show a client, and I find it quite helpful to use these forumns in my explorations. He is a developer with alot of money, who wants to make interesting buildings but has a penchant for neo classical. :s

I try to keep up to pace with whats happening in the wide world of architecture through magazines, but there is so much that isnt published, or that i dont have a subscription too.....

so this my attempt to keep as current as possible....

so thanks again.

Oct 13, 05 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

neildesi -
archinect is happy to accept 2% of your client fee for providing this forum for research.
:+

Oct 13, 05 7:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: