Archinect
anchor

Salary Range In New York City

atlrockin

I am hoping to move to NYC soon and I am looking for some advice on cost of living, best places to live, and what kind of salary I might expect to make.

I have 18 months full-time experience working on large and small public projects and have worked as a project architect on a 5 million dollar renovation project.

I am have a few interviews lined up with a variety of well known firms that range from 200 employees to 6 employees.
Any advice would be helpful-Thanks!

Oct 12, 05 10:19 am
JG

try using the search feature because this has been discussed at great lengths before.

here is, however, a quick answer.

cost of living: rent=1,500-2,000 (wih no roomates)
typical salary for junior arch: 42-48k
hours spent working per week: 50-70

you do the math, you won't like the result.

Oct 12, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

so tell me, do you think soho is becoming too...commercial?

Oct 12, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
atlrockin

JG-
Thanks for the info! The hours seem to be about the same as Atlanta, the pays better and at least I can ditch my car. Does anybody still pay OT?

Oct 12, 05 11:32 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I worked at an office in Dumbo that paid me for EVERY hour I worked. At 18 an hour that adds up.

I wouldnt try to live by yourself. Use Craigslist to search for sublets or shares. A buddy of mine just moved here and he found a pretty sweet deal on the LES. $800 including all utilities and a rather large room in a 2 bedroom apt.

Soho too commercial. Welcome to NY. St Marks is too commercial.

Oct 12, 05 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: