Archinect
anchor

Link for Arch firms?

Ms Beary

There was a website that had links and contact info for most all arch firms in the US, it was called Profile on the Web or something like that. Anyone able to find it and provide a link? I can't find it!

Oct 9, 05 11:50 am
trace™
www.architectsusa.com

is the best resource I've been able to find

Oct 9, 05 11:53 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

good morning, trace.
that looks like what I am looking for. thanks.

Oct 9, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

another good site: http://www.designguide.com/

click directory, select architecture and city

Oct 10, 05 3:00 am  · 
 · 
jabber

strawberry ... i believe the actual successor to profile is First Source - a website operated by Reed Registry

Oct 10, 05 9:21 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Design Guide is a funny site. They contacted me years ago to offer an 'introductory' offer. 3 months or something was free, then something like $400 a year. I declined to pay but setup the free one. It's still on there! Amusing.

On top of the that, while they were showing me the demo they had a listing for a well known firm a good friend of mine worked at. I was like 'oh, hey, I know them' and they replied 'please don't tell them!'. Turns out they were just taking images off of other sites to setup the preliminary site. I understand that, but to do it without permission for some of the most well known work in LA was stupid.

I am amazed it's still alive, but I do think they did quite a job with their database and site design. Hell of a lot better than that www.architectsusa.com place.

Strawberry - good day to you as well! Lovely weather, eh? Not sure if I should be excited that the mountains are all fluffy or sad that winter is right ouside.

Oct 10, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

trace.. I just went for a walk just to see the city covered in snow, it was great. I got soaked. You can be excited for both - it will warm up again, there is still some 'indian summer' left, AND the winter sport season has begun.

Oct 10, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
rutger
vitruvio

is a swiss site with a very nice worldwide architects list...

Oct 11, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Do a Google Local search for architects in your desired area. I have found more than I thought were out there this way.

Oct 11, 05 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
www.entablature.com
Oct 12, 05 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: