Archinect
anchor

portfolio crit

amc.nyc

The archinect portfolio crit forums were incredibly helpful while I was working on my print portfolio for grad school applications; I'm now working on my web portfolio, (for professional purposes, so it's geared more to showcasing technical skills rather than conceptual work and design process). Any comments or input on the overall layout or anything the portfolio itself is lacking, (i.e. more cd's, details, etc), would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Here is the link to the current site....portfolio/cv

Nov 2, 11 3:03 pm
usernametaken

two things that I´m personally not very fond of:

1) the contact form. I understand the idea behind it, but at the same time it definitely creates a higher treshold for anybody who´s looking to contact you. Personally, I´d rather put a telephone number and an email address up there.

2) the way you presents your portfolio is rather unhierarchical. To me, the images shown are not defining enough to show either your skills, specialities or approach. I believe it might be better to subdivide the images into projects (explain in each project what the basic design idea was, what skills were involved etcetera) or into skills (to have a section "details", a section "renderings" etcetera). It gives a better overview, I believe - now it looks a bit "more of the same", imagewise...

Nov 3, 11 5:17 am  · 
 · 
amc.nyc

I agree that there was no hierarchy between the images/projects so took your advice and started to subdivide based on field and then again by project. Currently working on getting details to read better graphically, once I do that I think the projects will read a little better. Thanks for the input!

Nov 3, 11 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: