Archinect
anchor

Studying in Vienna,help!!!

llsola

hi ,

I'm 17 years old and just about to finish high school in croatia,i have so many questions unanswered so i turn to you for help.

My wish is to study abroad and  my first choice is Austria,Vienna. I choose Vienna because i believe there is a deal between our countries that allows future students from countries that were part of austro-hungarian empire to study for free. Is this true? I'm sure i need to pay some amount of money but not all ,right?

and now the big dilemma: where should i apply?  i know there are 3 possibilities in vienna: the TU,die angewandte and die bildende. I know that  the last 2 have  more of an artistic approach than the TU wich kind of suits me( i love design and i think its really important to be creative and to constantly evolve your skills and creativeness,i love makin g things with my proper hands )  but i would like to gain as much education as possible,to be creative but know the basis of architecture,to have a good background. Could you give me  some advice?   And i also want to know in wich school would it be possible to go a year/a semestar somewhere else? i dont seem to find enogh info on their websites...

Do i need as an international student  to be accepted in the school of architechture back home in zagreb in order to get in in vienna? I'll get the results of my matura exam in june. How can I then apply in may??? i'm clueless...

i swear this is my last question because its getting a bit long..so about my portfolio,for architechture what could be  the best to put in? should i draw cubes,ehm..everyday objects like spoons...(lol)?

thanks in advance :)

Nov 2, 11 11:17 am
anne mary

the angewandte is a pretty good school but only offers master program. so you would need to do your bachelor at another school first...

Nov 15, 11 4:58 am  · 
 · 
llsola

oh i didnt know that,thanks alot!

Dec 29, 11 5:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: