Archinect
anchor

Critique on Portfolio

VB21

Hi,

I'm a student of architecture at SPA, New Delhi. This is the link to my portfolio:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68305585/2011-Bajaj-Varun-PF-Spread

and my resume:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68305642/2011-Bajaj-Varun-CV

Please tell me what you think about it and suggest improvements. 
I am currently in the 7th semester and  am applying for a 4-6 month internship to  firms in Japan, Spain and Netherlands. Do you think I have chance of getting through, with this?

Oct 11, 11 2:23 am
chatter of clouds

Sorry! This document is not publicly available.

The owner has set this document to private.

You will not be able to read it unless the owner changes it to public on their "My Documents" page, or sends you a direct link.

Oct 11, 11 2:29 am  · 
 · 
VB21

Ok, sorry for that ... I've set it to public now.

Oct 11, 11 2:42 am  · 
 · 
VB21

This is the final link to a combined portfolio and CV, please refer to this and give your feedback:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68348220/Portfolio-Varun-Bajaj-2011-Small

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oct 11, 11 10:37 am  · 
 · 
VB21

How do I edit/delete my posts here!? 

Sorry again, This is the final link...please view it in presentation mode, and not book mode:
http://issuu.com/varunbajaj21/docs/portfolio_varun_bajaj_2011_small

Oct 11, 11 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Rasa

I am no expert in this but I think it is a fairly decent portfolio.

However, I see that you have a lot design and conceptual drawings in your projects.I would advise you add in some construction drawings like some construction details or wall sections to show you have the technical competency too.

That is what comes to mind right now.

Oct 11, 11 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
VB21

@Rasa, Thanks for your feedback. I understand your point about construction details etc, and I'll try and add that too...

Oct 12, 11 12:59 am  · 
 · 
medi

Good graphics.  Decent projects, a little flabby in its content of your overall talent.

Oct 12, 11 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

It’s kind of hard to take this portfolio serious when you are using that typewriter font. It does more harm than you realize. There’s also no organization in how you layout the graphics. But like Rasa said, you have a lot of conceptual illustrations there but there are no pages that showcase your other abilities. 

Oct 13, 11 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
ka em

Is this going to be printed? And what size? The answer relates to how you will organise/structure your layout. It is an okay layout at the moment, however if you take a bit of time to look at other great portfolios on archinect, you can see where you can bring your layout composition too :)

Also it would be good to see some drawings/sketches that show your understanding of how things are put together i.e. construction, sequence, detail etc.

Oct 15, 11 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
VB21

thanks for your  comments.... I have updated the portfolio.. so please do check it out!

Oct 19, 11 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
fokt

I would get rid of your hobbies and interests at the beginning, and eliminate your customer service job. Everyone is interested in music, travel, food etc., and the customer service job is irrelevant.

I agree with Tuna that you need to organize your layouts to make your portfolio more consistent. I would only show details if you actually know the detail well and if it's very unique. If it's generic it doesn't matter. Perhaps a better way would be to show more in section. If you want to show details, maybe have one page of stuff from an internship. You don't need to devote a lot of space to convey the fact that you're at least somewhat competent when it comes to detailing.

You need to show more process - study models, diagrams that explain/justify your forms more.

Oct 22, 11 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: