Archinect
anchor

What is the best study materials to prepare ARE test?

Wow !! I Just took one of the ARE test yesterday, I was so panic during the test because I only knew the 50% of the questions. I thought that I have prepard enough to pass the test because I had more than 90% of right answers from the study materials(Kaplan AEC) that I have bought.

Could someone tell me what the best study materials is to prepare and pass the ARE test?

Aug 14, 05 10:50 pm
Bloopox

There's a site dedicated to the ARE: www.areforum.org

I found that being famiiar with the sources that NCARB lists for each test (in the little green booklet that you got when you got your test authorization) was more useful than many of the study guides out there. In other words: reading Ching books, Allen's "Building Construction Illustrated", MEEB (Stein and Reynolds), the AIA Handbook of Professional Practice etc were all more comprehensive and helpful on the exams than the Kaplan (formerly ALS) books.
The big Kent Ballast study guide wasn't bad, and I also found the ArchiFlash cards helpful.

Aug 14, 05 11:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: