Archinect
anchor

Does anyone know David Chipperfield?

Cheer Lin

Can someone tell me about working at David Chipperfield architects? I have been asked to send in a hardcopy of my folio and i am based in singapore... i dont want to move to london and find its a bad office. Any advice on the office, its way of operating and its people??

Many thanks...

Aug 8, 05 3:50 pm
Mason White

had a friend there a few years back.

every office has its good and bad dirt. the bottom line is Chipperfield does good, actually top notch, work. and yes you will work long hours. i wouldnt turn it down. if anything, it gets you into london, which is no small task in and of itself.

i would ask them what project you are expecte to be working on and what stage it is in, and how many people are on the team, etc. then do a little bit of research on that info. see if it gets your rocks off, and assess it from there. often times you can be in a crap office but have a good experience b/c of the projhect you are on. OR you can be a in a great office but a crap project with crap partners and have a - you guesed it - crap experience.

enjoy.

Aug 8, 05 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

Has anyone heard of Elvis?

Good luck, they should be (a) good experience if you get in!

Aug 8, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
vbontu12

That's funny you asked about him because I just went to the grand opening of the Figge Art Museum designed by David Copperfield a couple of days ago. I'm sorry I don't have any information about his office though.

Aug 8, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
vbontu12

Sorry I meant David Chipperfield

Aug 8, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

your post was magic...

Aug 8, 05 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
dillup.

Figge is completed? Does anyone have pictures?

Aug 8, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
dillup.

ah - but of course. I wonder if anyone has any interior pics.

I'd like to apply to them some time. Does anyone know how competitive it is or what their pay is like?

Aug 8, 05 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: