Archinect
anchor

hangovers @ work

stephanie

i've seen three others come into the office, looking kind of scruffy.
i feel pretty scruffy....
what happened last night?

Jul 28, 05 10:24 am
MysteryMan

Did someone say 'scruffy'? Aww, Steph, ya blew my cover! I almost got away w/ that 'non-meeting-day' look excuse.

Jul 28, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

one bourbon, one shot and one beer...
and four hours of poker

Jul 28, 05 10:35 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

HELLO COMRADES!

Jul 28, 05 10:40 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i created a VIP lounge in the DJ booth for myself and 2 friends at a bar that had no available seating to watch sufjan stevens...
my judgement was compromised somewhere around 10:00 last night.

Jul 28, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Awwww Illinoise - great album

Kid 606 last night was the heeeat

Jul 28, 05 10:48 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Ok hangover always work out best when you have a site meeting. We have 1/2 days on fridays so Thursday night is a given. In at 9 - at site meeting at 9:30 - out at 12 - not bad and you sweat out the remaining beer.

Just be sure to eat an egg sandwich that morning.

Jul 28, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
FRO

I'm feeling wicked scruffy myself, but it's it's almost 9 and I'm still the only one in the office. (?)

Friday for me- leaving tonight for a long weekend in Telluride!

Jul 28, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i forgot that i needed to go out to a site to verify exiting conditions today!

of course i'm wearing a skirt....grrr.

i hope today gets better at some point before 5 pm.

Jul 28, 05 11:14 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hang in there Stephanie - can you use the skirt excuse to send someone else into the worst of the muddy/cobwebby/plaster dusty area?

I'm a big scruff myself today, and tired - whenever my husband is out of town I hate getting into bed and so end up staying up far too late. Benefit is no need to shower the next day wahoo! Mystery, isn't self-employment fun (in some ways)?

Jul 28, 05 11:23 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Ugggghhhhh. Just sittin' by the phone waiting for my 'boss' to tell me what the heyll vinyl he wants. I wanna go cut some (non-old growth) cedar instead.

Jul 28, 05 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I drank a $50 bottle of wine last night (a close-out deal, got it for $14)
No hangover, just feeling spunky, it was damn tasty.

Jul 28, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
kix

Eat some bacon.
Have a shot of espresso.

And when you puke in the office bathroom, have one hand on the flush handle and pull down on it exactly when you blow. No one will ever know. Trust me.

Jul 28, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Great advice, kix! A flush valve would work better in this regard, quicker recovery time for multiple heaves.

Jul 28, 05 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
kix

you ain't kiddin!

Jul 28, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

How 'bout some other 'Hair of the Dog' cures? It's hard as heyll to
start, but i you can go ride a bike for about 10-20miles after a tough night, you'll be fresh as a daisy. My #2 treatment is puking...it could qualify as #1 because it's often easier to do.

Still waiting on tha vinyl call...DIW.

Jul 28, 05 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
jpalmer

started drinking pretty much right after work last night and drank dinner.
haven't had to puke at the office, but i sure wish a couple people here would not bother me for a while.

Jul 28, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Tonight, it's Brooklyn Weisse at the local bar - tomorrow i'll be feeling rough.

Jul 28, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

one or two hour nap on carpet samples, nuff said
i mean noone looks in the sample room...

Jul 28, 05 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I'm starting to wonder if the AA really does have more to do w/ 12-steps, than architecture on this blog.

Jul 28, 05 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

a stiff bloody mary always works for me.

Jul 28, 05 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

I felt hungover all morning today, and that without a drop of drink...

Jul 28, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Try being hung over when your working out on the jobsite, I nearly ran a torch through my hand one morning. Then I kept finding excuses to go get supplies so I could get bottles of pepto, most painful day of work ever.

On a lighter note... I worked a shite job in a warehouse once, where I would just show up still drunk from the night before, along with about half the other crew. Now that was fun. Not productive, but still fun.

Jul 28, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
FRO
open source beer
Jul 28, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

you can't call it a "work day" after the dining-wining-"dancing"

I have to recognize that the next day I am usually very lovable to my co-workers, it's all peace and love, and please don't make waves.

production > HAHAHA !

Jul 28, 05 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

when i was an undergrad i had a work study job at the fine arts library. well, i went into work on a 90 degree 90 percent humidity kind of day after a late nite at the bar. well i thought i felt okay just a little hungover. but when i got into the library it was about 60 degrees. i pushed a cart of books into the elevator and hit the button. well as soon as that elevator began to move i felt so queesy that i hurled all over the place. fortunately i missed the books. i was fired shortly afterward.

Jul 29, 05 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Well, I've heard of motion sickness, but that kicks axx, Vado.

Jul 29, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i just got back from a company barbeque and many people were shit faced....too funny. never made the mistake of going to work sloshed though...

Jul 29, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

It's even funnier when a lot of people have to play down what they did at those company parties. Take the Turner Broadcasting XMas parties, no spouses allowed! What a time, what a place, a long time ago.....

Jul 29, 05 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

I'm a bartender when not trying to be an architect; and although I come to work pretty sober I always leave far from it.

Aug 7, 05 5:59 am  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

there's something wrong about being hungover at work on the weekends :(

Aug 7, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: