Archinect
anchor

Biggest Fu*k Up

Sean Taylor

What is the biggest mistake you have made at work? I have made some huge mistakes, but will wait for others to break the ice.

Jul 20, 05 10:49 pm
heterarch

i'm a terrible golfer...

Jul 20, 05 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I'm a terrible communicator...

Jul 21, 05 12:18 am  · 
 · 
dia

I'm terrible Muriel.

Jul 21, 05 12:41 am  · 
 · 
e

i'm just terrible.

Jul 21, 05 12:46 am  · 
 · 
CHills

I forgot to get the fire department permit. Our contractor had to pull some strings and got it approved in one day

Jul 21, 05 1:13 am  · 
 · 
upside

im a terable speller.

(and not to good at grammar either)

Jul 21, 05 2:35 am  · 
 · 
gasp

i was asked to clean up the files that indesign were linked too. i deleted one called "quick_render_delete" and it turned out to be the back ground of our panels. I had to have someone at work go into archives of the server to find them again. This also just happened to be last day. good last impression....

Jul 21, 05 3:48 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

i worked on a large high-rise project... was responsible for the 3d stuff... i did this along with "designing".... i hated updating the 3d model evertime we changed something so i just kept photoshoping the renders.

unfortunately, by the end-- me nor anyone else could remember what needed changing. we were also going to send the 3d model to professional 3d renderers, but by then my model was in pieces...

the biggest fuck up on the project came when someone from IT decided all my CAD files and images needed moving to another server. the guy left a few days later without telling anyone where they were. we lost 3 months worth of work.
fortunately, this saved my ass.

Jul 21, 05 4:20 am  · 
 · 
siggers

I put a small black plastic pyramid on my bosses chair and he sat on it :(

Jul 21, 05 5:47 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

i detailed an ADA height counter, and forgot to spec an ADA height dishwasher to go under it. :O

Jul 21, 05 9:08 am  · 
 · 
ether

i have a terrible memory. wasn't this a topic about a week ago?

Jul 21, 05 10:35 am  · 
 · 
BluLiteSpcl6321

I once had to update a few CDs to sent off to the ME, and in a necessary relocation of a wall I thought it would drastically change the HVAC layout that the ME originally designed. I emailed him the drawings and told him he had to reconfigure the entire layout and get back to me. Since it was practically under construction with the ducts orderred he wasn't a happy man. He scheduled a conference call and made a huge deal out of it until we sat down and realized that a 4" shift in the ceiling grid would realign everything, and that nothing had to be moved along with the wall.

Definitely felt like an ass in the end for not considering everything, and was pretty much banned that summer from communicating with any contractors or consultants.

Jul 21, 05 10:48 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Biggest faak-up? Career choice: I chose to 'design' standard commercial spaces & car dealerships for 9 yrs. I think I know what accountants feel like, now.

But, I'm in re-Architecture therapy now & am recovering my ability to use materials other than 2x4 suspended clg systems, VCT & eifs.

Jul 21, 05 11:57 am  · 
 · 
siggers

good for you Mystery!

Jul 21, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
e

ether, you should lay off the sticky green trees. i know it will be tough since you won't remember me telling you this. maybe i'll come back from time to time for a refresher.

Jul 21, 05 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

forgot to include structural drawings in the bid sets.

Jul 21, 05 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
firuz

forgot the name of a big $$ client 5 min after we were introduced

Jul 26, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: