Archinect
anchor

London Salaries

archiedorkie

I applied to a few firms in London and I had one write back asking for my salary requirements. I found this strange since I haven't been offered an interview, but I need to answer it in order to get the interview.

I have been working for almost 4 years now (since graduation with an MArch) and I make a bit over 50,000 which is about 33,000 British Pounds. I have no idea what to ask for in London. Can anyone help me?

I've looked online and everything looks low. I've seen ranges from 28,000 to 32,000 for the UK. I know that London is a much more expensive city to live in compared to most in the states and I already make more than the range. I want to say 35,000 Pounds, but I am afraid the firm will think it is too high and not interview me.

Sep 28, 11 9:45 pm
junior

i have long dreaded this question, as i feel it to be so very vague and one you may feel compelled to bullshit, but with a slight truth in it. i have heard of negotiations, ratios and proportions out there on other threads, though. hope it helps. good luck!

Sep 29, 11 1:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: