Archinect
anchor

Jailed Trash

dbroxxy

I live in a not so affluent part of Los Angeles, CA and there is a space on the East Bank of the once pristine L.A. River that has held my attention for many years. Through carefull consideration of the current eco-system of the L.A. River and an abandoned County Jail, I thought that a schematic design to reconfiugure the jail into a fully operating hazardous materials drop off site and mixed use space would be an interesting approach to the current Urban-Revitalization that is going on in Downtown L.A.
I am a tree hugger from Oregon and feel that it is necessary for the people of L.A. to have a place where they can dispose of potentially harmfull chemicals during "Government Hours" so as to depleat the amount of waste sent to landfills. In researching the appropriate deposits located in the city limits, I have found that none offer an extensive schedule of times for drop offs.
I would appreciate any comments by students or professionals on this matter of grave importance to "OUR" environment. Feeedback will allow me to asses whether this is a concern of my fellow citizens.

Jul 20, 05 5:11 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: