Archinect
anchor

Anyone Worked for Enrique Norten?

asher

I am very interested in working for the firm TEN Arquitectos and Enrique Norten.

Does anyone have any experiences working for them? with Enrique Norten ? Good? Bad? Any advice?

Jul 18, 05 8:02 pm
e

i worked with a guy in san francisco back in the mid 90s that worked for him prior to moving to the states. he had nothing but good things to say about him.

Jul 18, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous

Are you looking to work in New York or Mexico City?

Jul 18, 05 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
asher

thanks for the info. e

i have a very elementary handle on spanish, so i think for sure i would apply to the new york office, not the mexico city one.

Jul 18, 05 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

as his ex business partner. appereantly he doesnt have many "good things to say about him."

Jul 18, 05 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
asher

what do you mean by that suture?

Jul 18, 05 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

sorry. i meant to say "ASK" his ex partner Bernardo Gomez Pimienta. He was Norten's right hand man at TEN, and then some, for many many years. Some say that it was BGP who was the real designer behind the curtains.

A few years back they split up and BGP is showing TEN projects as his own projects on his site. Seems like there is a huge disagreement on who was the author behing the projects.

http://www.bgp.com.mx/

Maybe Kiki is a great guy, but what happened to make these two split after so much time and good work????

I worry about a place that cant even take care of its loyal top people. Is anyone expendable there? Are students working slave hours for free?

Jul 19, 05 1:35 am  · 
 · 
asher

ahhh i see. yes, i had heard something about that, but i did not realize he was even showing TEN projects on his web site!! maybe i should be thinking of applying to BGP if he is the real brain behind the work.

but is it not common though for architects to split when both are very good designers and relatively young in architects terms to make their own names bigger?

thanks for your thoughts suture and the link. anyone else know about working conditions in TEN? anyone know more about working for BGP?

Jul 19, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Pretty interesting. I have always believed that there is another "brain" behind the curtains. For what it'a worth, I do like Norten's romanticism behind the Guggenheim Guadalajara.

Jul 19, 05 10:58 am  · 
 · 
dasein

i don't know much about the work environment, but if you want to work there its a good time to try. seems they are looking for help. they called me for an interview last week, but i'm no longer looking. give it a shot!

Jul 19, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 
asher

that's good news dasein, thanks! i have been obsessing over my portfolio, but i think it's time i just sent it and see what happens. i am not even sure if i have a chance. i only have a couple of years of experience and no masters, but it's worth a try.

any advice? what made you decide not to take an interview?

Jul 19, 05 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
dasein

i applied in mid-may and did not receive a response from them till this month. its nothing against them though. i broke up with my boyfriend (who i was living with) and just had to leave new york.

just go for it and good luck!

Jul 19, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
asher

thanks dasein, i will! yeah waiting to hear back from an office is always a pain, especially if you really need a job. good luck to you too.

Jul 19, 05 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: