Archinect
anchor

Chicago work

StuntPilot

I came across this 'city of chicago' job posting and wondered if anyone knows anything about it...

link

Jul 14, 05 8:03 pm
rabbits

Might be kind of interesting... People who work for the city either seem to love it or hate it. It would probably look great on a resume. Regardless, it probably depends on how much bullshit you can handle. Chicago is down for it's bullshit. That, and hiring the dead.

Jul 14, 05 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
TED

if your interesting in a pension and have low tolerance, go for it. else if you know chicago, once you get to a certain level [with an opinion] you most likely will be raise to an assistant commissioner of sorts then fired within 2 weeks. very low job satisfaction. but great penion.

Jul 14, 05 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
bawmis

i worked for the state designing prisons for a summer. it sounds far fascinating than it is. most people who work for the government are older, mentally unstable, not talented, or lazy. or all four. it was the bane of my existence. but with that being said. if i went back after i graduated i'd make a hell of a lot more than i do, and do very little for it. the cushy schedule would allow you to work on more exciting work/competitioons but would require you to be ambitious and proactive. itll be a very easy job to advance quickly and get credit hours for registration, but i dont it will be a fun office. so i dont know anything about the specifics of the job, but there is my advice about being an architect for the government.

Jul 14, 05 11:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: