Archinect
anchor

freelance work in a resume

britton

Hi, any opinions on whether to include freelance work in your resume? And if so, how should it be represented? I'm a recent MArch grad and thought this might help to beef up the "experience" section. The work itself involves a 1000sf renovation but so far is only just past schematic design. Any sample resumes with this type of work/experience would also be appreciated. thanks!

Jul 14, 05 4:15 pm
momentum

it sounds like you think this is substantial for you, therefore i would put it in. i haven't put my freelance work in, but i will.

Jul 14, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

I am currently freelancing and I am planning on treating it in the same manner I have treated my internships on my resume. I help out on several projects on any given day so I get to see bits n pieces of different projects but will not be around to see any one project all the way through. However, the type of work is much different than I have had in the past so it is a good learning experience and I think this is the important thing for a future employer to understand. Being able to run with not only several challenges but coming from different areas.

Jul 14, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: