Archinect
anchor

rocky mountain high

stephanie

previously i was working on a school that was to be named "Paramount High School"
today we learned that they were changing the name to "Rocky Mountain High School"

anyone else have comical project names?

Jul 14, 05 3:38 pm
el jeffe

I didn't work on this, but my former boss told me about a project he once worked on - backed by japanese investors - who thought the appropriate name for a new office tower should be "Plaza Place."
I imagine being in that meeting and trying to not laugh out loud...

Jul 14, 05 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
JG

Vulcan Residence-William Shatners House

Nomad-Matt Damons House (Damon spelled backwards)

Jul 14, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

JG are you for serious?

Jul 14, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

the "vila villa" for, yes, bob vila

Jul 14, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
JG

I am serious, I worked on both houses about 3 years ago.

Jul 14, 05 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Holistic health spa on the site of a former oyster processing plant. In the office we called it the Oyster Spa - but never in front of the client.

Also long ago I worked on a food court yogurt stand called "Sweet Temptations". Then the same owner wanted to open a new "carribean chicken shack", and in a naming brainstorming session a coworker came up with "Fowl Temptations".

It didn't stick, sadly.

Jul 14, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
ether

John Paul Jones Camp
Naval Barracks
Great Lakes, IL

Jul 15, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i worked on a green building design, an infill project in michigan where some retard decided to erect a sign decades ago proclaiming that place to be the "Center of the Universe." thus, on all our cd's the project was entitled, "Center of the Universe Project."

Jul 15, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

working on a rendering for a school whose mascot is a chicken. putting a decal on the building face (gymnasium). those poor kids.

Aug 3, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
cf

Lipchitz Porta Potty

Aug 4, 05 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

A couple of my silly projects over the years:

Magic City
World of Cars

Aug 4, 05 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I keep thinking about 'Rocky Mountain High' & can't stop laughing. Only problem is that I explained it to my Brazilian wife who just looked at me like: Que e seu problema, tongo? (What's yer problem, dumbass?). She does that a lot. It keeps my Archt ego grounded.

Nonetheless, I love it when the big-wigs have no clue. Kinda 'South Park-esque'. Well, it is Colorado.

Aug 4, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
realia

Goodwood Barbecue Company.

Aug 4, 05 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that's my bagel!

Aug 4, 05 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

hey J,
I am working on the renovation of the voluptuous lady in neon on the front elevation. I wasn't responsible for her, but I've gotta agree, once you see that bldg, you know what goes on inside.

All I can say about the future of 'her' is that the City doesn't have our appreciation for such a fine profile.

Aug 4, 05 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

hey realia,
On a drive through South Carolina a couple of yrs back, I saw a restaurant named "Smokehouse Grill'....It had just been destroyed by a fire.

Aug 4, 05 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
SeanNOLA

Right now, I'm working on a multi-family project that is located on the river, where a Banana warehouse used to be. Its called the "Banana Condo"

Aug 22, 05 9:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: