Archinect
anchor

IDP (CIDP) / ARE in CA

bUbBLe

If I graduated recently with a BArch, and working within the state of California, I know I've to follow the IDP/ CIDP procedure. However, can I apply for ARE before I finish my IDP/ CIDP? Or I've to wait until I finish IDP/ CIDP (which mean at least 3 years later)

I looked at the NCARB website and CAB, got some information, but I'm still confuse. I just starting to understand how it works. Anyone out there can give me an idea?

Jul 6, 05 5:32 pm
Janosh

You can be deemed eligible for the ARE in CA as soon as you provide them evidence of your B.Arch. You wouldn't however be able to sit for the Supplemental exam until after you finished CIDP.

Jul 6, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

You don't have to wait until you finish your IDP to take the ARE. But, you do need to have finished your IDP in order be licensed. I hope this makes sense. The website and the manual are very sketchie, but if you call them they will actually give you some pretty straight answers.

Jul 6, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Just fill out the form and send it in with your hundred bucks. Have your school send an official transcript. You'll be good to go.

Jul 6, 05 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
grasshoppr81

If your degree is a non-accredited 4 year degree, then it is worth 3.5 educational equivalents. You need a minimum of 5 years of equivalents in CA to be able to start testing. So as long as you have at least 1.5 years of working experience to add to the 3.5 years of educational equivalents, you should be eligible to test. It's also good to get as many over with before the rolling clock starts on Jan. 2006.

Jul 13, 05 2:01 am  · 
 · 
adso

He has a B.Arch, which is an accredited degree, so I don't think he has to sweat the equivalencies too much.

Remember that the 5 year "rolling clock" is starting in January, meaning that from the time you take you first test, you have five years to complete the entire thing. Any tests you take between now and Jan. 1 will not count (and will not have to be repeated if you don't make the five year deadline), so rattling them off as soon as you can wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jul 13, 05 10:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: