Archinect
anchor

Poll: Sweets or Thomas Register

b3tadine[sutures]

Alright 'Nects here it is a poll;

What source book do find more valuable Sweets or Thomas Register? If none of the above post your favorite with link. I really like Transmaterial, can't afford Material Connexion and want to get the one from Princeton Press. I really like Register for the services and things you can't get from Sweets - the widgets and gadgets.

Jun 28, 05 10:04 pm
abracadabra

sweets is more like a dictionary, textbook and reference in its book form. mainly geared towards institutional or corporate/commercial clients. i used to browse them long hours with morg equipment section creeping the hell out of me and the old copies made great coffee table base at one time.
thomas regional is more real with less pictures and more sources. it leads you to a telephone number faster. it requires more experience about construction to thumb throuh.
i rarely use them anymore due to using everyday materials i know where to get.

Jun 28, 05 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
bidget

They are very different. Thomas is kind of an industrial yellow pages while Sweets is paid for advertising by a lot of building products manufacturers running the gamut from terrific to mediorcre.

You should probably have them both. It's not really something that should be couched as an either/or question.

Jul 6, 05 3:37 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i hate sweets it seems so limited, i can do better with search engines, thomas register as a text is much easier to use than the online version. if shelf space is lacking, then i'd prefer thomas register.

Jul 6, 05 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: