Archinect
anchor

editors/writers at design/architecture firms?

mnk

I am a journalist looking to get out of magazines and into a more diverse-yet-creative work environment... I do a lot of design writing, and I just read about a job at a large architecture firm as a "Proposal coordinator/editor," writing and editing project profiles et al. Are there other jobs like this at design/architecture firms, or is this pretty unique?? I never realized I could potentially be employed by one -- if anyone has advice on how to find more, or another company that has a position like this, or a headhunting firm I should seek out, any advice would be welcomed!
Thanks so much!

Jun 27, 05 12:09 am
d-t

It also helps if you possess some graphic and layout skills in addition to your writing. this way, if the office decide to produce a firm monograph, you will be first one board, it helps. check arch. publication house..like PAP. Check R.Stern, he got entire team in his office dedicated toward research and such.

Jun 27, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I agree with d-t. Knowledge of layout programs like Photoshop and Illustrator (my old firm used quark, too), along with excellent writing ability, would make you very desirable to a larger firm's marketing department. Most architects hate to write about their own work.

Might not pay much, though.

Jun 27, 05 10:11 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

The office I work in has 3 in house writers/editors...no clue what they do but they are on the employee list

Jun 27, 05 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: