Archinect
anchor

annual raise

noguy

What is the average annual raise here in nyc percent wise? Thanks!

Jun 17, 05 2:57 pm
noguy

come on people. can you tell me what percentage you were raised after working a year?

Jun 17, 05 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

raises should be merit based, not just because you have been working for a certain period of time.

Jun 17, 05 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

just ask for what you think you deserve.

Jun 17, 05 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

It could be anywhere from no raise to 15% - but mostly likely between 3.5% and 10% - if a raise is offered at all. It depends a lot on the firm's current fortunes and on whether you're perceived as being more productive/skilled these days than 1 year ago.

Jun 17, 05 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
MickMack

i know for the past 3 years with the market the way it has been...raises have been few and far between...especially for the smaller firms...

and some of those firms are just now recovering from the post 9/11 economy...so raises might be on the low end for a while

(i am in nyc...so this is from experience!)

Jun 17, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

What kind of firm is it? Small firms - especially residential - are booming in NYC these days. If yours isn't it is likely that you can do better elsewhere.

Jun 17, 05 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: