Archinect
anchor

pranks at the office.

A Center for Ants?

so i actually played a funny prank a while ago involving a webcam of a project and some fine photoshop work (i won't elaborate any more) and got a finger shaken at me... (a panicky phone call was made as a result of the prank)

how serious is your firm and what have you done?

Jun 15, 05 1:20 pm
A Center for Ants?

damn too big.

linkified

Jun 15, 05 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
JG

I changed a couple of keys on my cubicle mate's keyboard. Drove him crazy for about an hour until he figured out what was wrong.

Another co-worker went to someone elses computer and sent out an email to a another co-worker expressing his love for her. That one did not turn out so well.

Jun 15, 05 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i once sat across from a not-too-motivated guy who i'm sure was going to be an intern for the rest of his life and sounded a little like homer simpson. anyhow one day i switched two keys on his keyboard and could barely keep the tears of laughter from flowing as i enjoyed listening to his problem solving (he thought out loud of course).
same office and same guy: since we did airport work, we had standard blocks for all sorts of equipment, one of them was for a remote ticketing machine. anyhow one day he asked me what this piece of equipment was called so he could note it on the drawings. i quickly made up something like "oh it's an RTM-5000". Pretty soon it was all over his drawings and started to appear on other people's drawings who had used his drawings as a template. One day one of the senior VP's (who fortunately was a friend of mine) was looking at the drawings while i was in earshot. "Anybody know what the fuck an RTM-5000 is?" i had to leave the office and go to the restroom i was hurting so bad from holding in my laughter.
but that's just me.

Jun 15, 05 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

HAHA... Awesome.

Jun 15, 05 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

RTM-5000 sounds so convincing in a Wiley Coyote / Office Space kind of way....it's almost plausible....how could i resist?

Jun 15, 05 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

on april fools I wrote several post it notes with the words, "See Me, Tony" in my best impersonation of tony's handwriting, and placed them on everyones desk throughout the day. he had people going into his office and asking "what's up?" holding the little post it. and he had to say Nothing and explain the joke. the first few were funny and then it probably got really annoying. ha ha! it made his face turn red and it stayed that way all day! (name was changed, there is no tony here.)

Jun 15, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

Damn, all my posts are about Jesus today. anyway, while working on a catholic church project 3D model in Archicad, i was asked to actually model the Corpus (Christ on the Cross). well, after scouring the web for suitable blocks i realized the only way i was going to get this right was to actually model it using the 3D people we had in the drafting database. unfortunately, there were no bearded nearly-naked men with outstretched arms in that database...surprise, surprise. So, i had to make Jesus out of the most scantily clad male figure in there...a tennis player. So, Jesus was actually just some guy with long hair, flesh color short-shorts and polo shirt. it took me two days to get this and the body position just right. finally done...'my own personal Jesus'. yeah, nobody got that joke, either, nor did they understand why i labeled the new block "personal jesus.file" in the server.

Well, just before i set the final renderings to the renderfarm, my cubicle mate told me to check the corpus...sure enough, somebody had changed the clothes to white shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. I was pissed at first but boy was i asking for it;-)

Jun 15, 05 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

there was this intern in our office who was "helping" for the summer. the kid was a 3rd year in school and was absolutely worthless. didnt even know how to hold an exacto blade. said he could make a model out of basswood becasue he only knew chip. we spent more time teaching him how to do shit than actually working on the projects.

One day we gave him the task of cutting out very simple, schematic, triangular trusses out of 1/8" chip (solid, not even representing web members) . and we needed like 50 of them.. yeah i know it would put a hurtin on all our fingers but get this...after the two shity pieces he horribly cut he began to complain of the pain and asked if there was a quicker and easier way of doin the task. A coworker said "oh sure, just take those ones you made, put them on the bed of the copier, feed some chip into the copier and press start."
20 minutes later after realizing he was not sitting or sleeping at his desk we saw him, chip in hand at the copier being all frustrated. as my coworker approched the kid says "where do you put the chip?"
That was one of the funniest things i had ever experienced in the office. he didnt last the summer.

Jun 16, 05 12:02 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

correction..he said he couldnt make a model out of basswood becasue he only knew chip

sorry

Jun 16, 05 12:03 am  · 
 · 
Suture

my red stapler was taken away so i burned the office.

eh eh he he!

Jun 16, 05 12:35 am  · 
 · 
momentum

once in a while i'll do a capture screen with someones work up on it, put in some sort of box with a huge fatal error flaw mentioning it is erasing data or something in photoshop, put this on as their background, hide their icons and start bar, and try not to laugh as they can't get things to work, because they are clicking on their desktop.

last place i was at, we had two computers back to back, so i switched the plugs for the mice from one to the other. they figured it out pretty quick once they were both their, but watching them try and fix it was great. would've done it with the keyboard as well, but might have caused damage that way.

on an internship a friend of mine took over my computer, and would drag my mouse away from whatever i was doing just slightly. i was pissed after trying to work through the glitch, but it was good, and he bought my lunch.

Jun 16, 05 7:09 am  · 
 · 
207moak

I changed a co-workers system fonts to dingbats and laughed as he went to the computer administrator thinking he had a virus.

Jun 16, 05 10:01 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

207 - good one....

Jun 16, 05 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: