Archinect
anchor

Chavez Ravine

zeth01
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/chavezravine/cr.html

what do people think of this?

Jun 15, 05 4:00 am
el jeffe

My recollection is that this story is also featured in the documentary "Shotgun Freeway: Drives through lost LA."
I'm no longer able to attend a game at Dodger Stadium without thinking about it.

Jun 15, 05 7:49 am  · 
 · 

Ry Cooder's latest album, Chavez Ravine, journeys to the mid-20th century and the "political machinations that leveled the Chavez Ravine barrio to lure the Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles." Again, Cooder enlists a plethora of talented musicians to present to the world something overlooked. - daily dose

Jun 15, 05 9:07 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

I think every city has a story like this to tell, from that era.

Jun 15, 05 9:33 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Wow...

Ironically, some of those photos remind me of Las Terrazas, a socialized ecological farming community about an hour west of Havana, Cuba. It's built into a terraced valley in much the same way. It's gorgeous.

Shame I can't upload photos.

Jun 15, 05 9:41 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Dana Cuff gave this a good treatment in Provisional City.

Jun 15, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Nuestra Senora Reina de Los Angeles, CA

Jun 15, 05 11:17 am  · 
 · 
icedragon

I am a Dodger Fan grew up in L.A. and I am schocked and sickened by this. This is disgusting. I will never look at the stadium again in the same way.

Jun 15, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

icedragon,

Have you heard of the white flight?

Jun 15, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
icedragon

white flight?

Jun 15, 05 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
icedragon

you mean white people leaving LA? if that is what you are refering to yes.

Jun 15, 05 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: