Archinect
anchor

idp in asia?

swisscardlite

hi i was just wondering whether the idp could applied to firms located in Asia? if i was working for my license, coud i complete idp hours in Asia or is it limited only to firms in the States?

Jun 14, 05 6:29 pm
swisscardlite

"could be applied" . "or is the program only limited" sorrry

Jun 14, 05 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
rls

idp in america....sorry

Jun 14, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
TED

yes in asia or anywhere in the world is acceptable as long as you have an american licensed architect working in the office who can sign your experience log.

Jun 14, 05 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

If you don't have an architect with a US license you can still count a limited amount of experience earned internationally. I can't remember if the limit was 6 months or a year... Look at the IDP guidelines (order them at www.ncarb.org)

Jun 14, 05 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

nice . thank you very much

Jun 14, 05 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
cvoogt

From http://www.ncarb.org/idp/trainingsettings.html:

"Training in a firm engaged in the practice of architecture outside the United States or Canada, under the direct supervision of a person practicing architecture, who is registered neither in a U.S. or a Canadian jurisdiction."

Of course, "neither in a U.S. or a Canadian jurisdiction" is grammatically incorrect as well as ambiguous. I emailed them to ask what they mean, but it's 99% likely that it's either/or and not neither/nor.

Jun 15, 05 9:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: