Archinect
anchor

A Little Sound Collage Experiment With iTunes ....

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Ok, so I tried this with my iTunes, and it proved to be quite fun and interesting:
1. go to the Quiet Americanwebsite (it contains dozens of "one-minute" vacations comprised of field recordings from all over the world taken by people with minidisc recorders).

2. load all the mp3 files into a playlist on your iTunes folder

3. on the "Prefences" menu, select "crossfade playback" to 12 seconds.

4. and listen as a wash of urban noises gently envelops your room as you fall asleep.

(and be sure to play these tracks in random!!!!)

Jun 14, 05 3:36 am
3ifs

cool site.

Jun 14, 05 9:34 am  · 
 · 
dia

Very nice link Smokety - I love the 12sec crossfade on iTunes. I have a series of similar recordings, including sounds of the planets, field recordings from Yannick Dauby, and some 1 minute pieces from Akira Rabelais...

NASA Space Recordings
Yannick Dauby
Akira Rabelais invalidobject Series which is unfortunatley unavailable due to a fallts' website rebuild...

Jun 14, 05 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
cranny

I have a 7 minute recording of new years eve in detroit, 2004. I can email it to anyone interested.

Jun 14, 05 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
dia

For all you Jorges Luis Borges fans, another treasured mp3 that I have can be obtained here.

Jun 14, 05 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

smokety mc smoke smoke - neat!

Jun 14, 05 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

now i want to go buy a digital recorder...

Jun 14, 05 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: