Archinect
anchor

success stories?

jdb270

I have seen pleanty of posts, where the person is frustrated with his/her life as an architect and is seaking change. I'm curious. Does anyone out there know of a friend or former colleague that has left architecture to go on to a happier life in another profession?

Market Research or Brand Consulting perhaps? Where a background in design would be valuable?

Jun 11, 05 2:39 pm
morningbell1101

not architecture, but i do have a friend who used to be in fashion design who went on to go work at mattel. she now designs barbies, and does the new product marketing for mattel. she says it definitely a much more structured environment (being as it is a large corporation) yet she is still able to maintain her creative vision. she's well paid, and pretty content.

i think anyone can get into and find reasonable success marketing as long as you have good communication skills (but this really applies to most jobs). you just gotta know how to sell your shit.

Jun 11, 05 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: