Archinect
anchor

New Zealand

dia

The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences has recognised www.newzealand.com as the top tourism website in the world at the ninth annual Webby Awards ceremony in New York.

Also a good excuse to show off my homeland...

Jun 8, 05 10:04 pm
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

i just went for a run in cornwall park in the late afternoon and i feel moved to agree...

Jun 9, 05 12:56 am  · 
 · 
paris

wow, webby awards...how creative!

Jun 9, 05 2:43 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

shhhhhhhh. kepp it quite otherwise everyone will go there!

Jun 9, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 
icedragon

there is only 4 million people in the whole country and it is the size of califorina

Jun 14, 05 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
icedragon

i would love to live in new zealand

Jun 14, 05 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
icedragon

i would love to be a citizen there.

Jun 14, 05 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
icedragon

i would love to be a citizen there.

· 
icedragon

if i could find a job

· 
Janosh

I looked into it at one point since I spent a goodly amount of time there as a youth and your best bet might be if you have experience as a shepherd. South Island only. Seriously.

Jun 14, 05 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Janosh, how long since you were here? Now its less shepherd, and more luxury development - particularly in the south.

There has been alot of ruckus here about Shania Twain building a new house on her land near Queenstown. See here.

Jun 15, 05 1:07 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

You might laugh, but sheep are a real problem here. I was trying to get to work this morning, and before I left I had to chase all the sheep off the bonnet of my car. Traffic was pretty much at a standstill in downtown Auckland because there was a rogue flock migrating down Victoria Ave. The spray you can buy from the council doesn't really keep them away. It's especially bad at night in winter, because the sheep are all trying to get inside. Forget the burglars, its the sheep that are why we have to lock the doors: some of them are clever blighters. They sound like old men moaning outside all night.

Jun 15, 05 1:18 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

just kidding. I don't really have a job.

Jun 15, 05 1:19 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

BOTS: Your boys are gonna get hammered. Did you see what we did to the Fijians?

Jun 15, 05 1:21 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

It has admittedly been about a decade, and I fully accept that the ratio of sheep to humans may have swung less favorably towards bipeds. And the Welsh (wink).

That said, I wasn't entirely kidding about the shepherd thing:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktoresidence/LinkAdministration/ToolboxLinks/immediateskillshortagelist.htm?Region=otago/southland

Everyone ready for the Lions test match?

Jun 15, 05 1:34 am  · 
 · 
antipod

I've got good vibes about the test after the performance by the Maoris. The Lions have been less than impressive so far.

Nice one Agfa8x, I've managed to convince a couple of people that I went to school with Hobbits. There was also a nice doco on the Mongrel Mob on the BBC the other night so now everyone in my flat thinks the place is full of scary ne-nazis with facial tatoos. At least people believe that I'm tuff now :)

Choice.

Jun 15, 05 8:43 am  · 
 · 
dia

agfa8, out in the country, we're not so stand-offish about the sheep. We let them inside on cold nights - it keeps the house warm. But you're right, you have to get used to the moaning else it will keep you awake.

Antipod, I believe we will win this 3 nil. The performance against Wellington last night was not good by the Lions. Wellington, missing 7 of their top NPC players were understrength, but they kept the Lions to only 1 try for the first half when they had 80% possession.

Wilkinson looked unconfident. It was a scrappy game, and the weather was appalling. They needed to seriously put on some points last night, but they failed. And I'm loving it.

The unfortunate thing is that the flow of game was disrupted when a rogue flock of sheep from Porirua ran on the field and stopped play for 7 minutes. Bitches.

Jun 15, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

The only way the lions have a chance is if they can get the all blacks to play their kind of game: heavy, close and driving. That's how they held the Maori out for so long, and its the only way to neutralise Sivivatu and Howlett. Mind you, the Maori didn't have Loaki, either. The first ten minutes of the first test is going to be brutal.

Shame about Dalallgio.
And the sheep.

Jun 15, 05 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Yes, its going to be like the first 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan... Should be good.

Jun 15, 05 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Dallaglio

Jun 15, 05 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Yeah it is a shame. I would have liked to see him play. The Lions will just use it as an excuse when we kick their asses.

Where do yous live at home? Agfa8x I take it you live in central Aucklad somewhere?

Watch out for those Porirua sheep! They're nasty.

Jun 16, 05 8:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: