Archinect
anchor

Working for Perkins + Will Atlanta

marlowe

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Atlanta GA office of Perkins + Will....

Jun 8, 05 12:56 pm
jbc

I worked for them last summer for 6 weeks, and I thought it was a good experience. The people were very welcoming and friendly. The work environment was fairly casual. The office is quite large - over 100 people. They do mostly hospitals, with some work on schools, campus planning, and other project types. Their work seemed a little more interesting to me than TVS, but the firms are fairly comparable.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Jun 8, 05 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
sure2016

I actually just started work here. I've only been here a few days so my insight is limited. Everyone is friendly and the environment is pretty casual. We do alot of healthcare in addition to laboratories and education work. There is a big commitment to LEED and sustainability(I was told over 90% of the principles are leed accredited, which is a impressive).
I came here from a large AE firm. I can tell you that for a firm this large, its not a very 'corporate' atmosphere. Its casual, there's mandatory beer-time on friday, and its a relatively flat organization.

Jun 8, 05 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

mandatory beer time? that is the great thing ever! if and when I have my own firm, I too will have mandatory beer time!

Jun 8, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

i'm applying the Chicago firm. I hope its a good experience

Jun 8, 05 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
MickMack

i have several friends in the atlanta office that have been there since right out of school (say 5 years) and still really like it...that is a plus!

Jun 8, 05 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: