Archinect
anchor

vancouver firms

melivt

i had a list of firms in vancouver, but misplaced it.

along the lines of forsythe + macallen.

many thanks in advance.

Jun 4, 05 8:16 pm
G-bot

Go to www.aibc.ca for more info on vancouver job openings if that 's what your after.

Jun 5, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

then member resources ---- classifieds. I don't know much about small firms like the one you mentioned.

Jun 5, 05 12:11 am  · 
 · 
whistler

i think you will find that there isn't a lot like th eones you mention. They won't be listed in the Architectural Institute info either as they aren't registered architects same as Battersby + Howatt. I think you need to look to a slightly different source if you are looking for something other than an architectural office in the traditional sense. These design studios do try and get there name out there so it shouldn't be too hard to track them down.

Jun 6, 05 12:10 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

Why not ask someone at the University of British Columbia Architecture program? They may be able to help you out, especially IF you're a student (not sure if you are or not). Lots of those sorts end up teaching or lecturing etc. Good luck.

Jun 6, 05 12:19 am  · 
 · 
whistler

I second G-Bots comment!

Jun 6, 05 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Colm

Acton Ostry Archts - quality guys below the radar!

Jun 6, 05 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
geno

Patkau
Peter Cardew
Henriquez

Jun 6, 05 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
geno

woops:
Pechet and Robb if you're interested in smaller/fun/discipline boundary breaking stuff

Jun 6, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I went to school with Pechet and Robb and have worked with them both. I agree its small scale ... hopefully they can move into a larger scale. Strong sense of materials and an even better sense of fun.

Jun 6, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
geno

word on the street is that s. robb is in the process of getting registered.
even more reason for wanting to work there, as if there weren't enough already!

Jun 6, 05 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

Ya Pechet + Robb do cool stuff... Creative stuff different scales... They are somewhat interdisciplinary not just your usual architecture- landscape, fine art, cool unusual custom theatre set pieces... some interesting cemeteries...

Jun 6, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: